The Prisoner

I can relate to this song rn...

"Okay, okay. So here's what you're gunna do.." Gene starts.

I groan. "IMA DIE DOING THIS."

Gene laughs. "Hun, he's restrained."

"HE'S GUNNA GET OUT AND HE'S GUNNA KILL ME, CUZ IM THE WORST PERSON FOR THIS JOB." I flail my arms.

He hugs me and kisses my forehead. "Baby, you'll be fine."

"AND IF I DIE, IT WONT ONLY BE ONE DEATH, IT'LL BE TWO." I point to my stomach.

He rolls his eyes. "You're not gunna die."

"FINEEEE."

Gene opens the door to a dark, abandoned shed. I slowly walk in... "H-Hello?"

I hear a grunt. I turn to the left and see a man bound tightly to a chair with rope. I frown, "That looks... painful."

He rolls his eyes. "No, really?"

I sigh. "Sorry. I wish it didn't have to be like this..."

"I swear, it's not my fault. I shouldn't be the one in here." He stirs around a lot.

"I want to help you.." I inhale, "Why are you working for him?"

"Why are you wasting your time here? You need to be running.." He warns me.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Huh?"

"9:30 p.m, he's coming.. he warned you pesky kids not to snoop again. He's angry." He continues

I freeze. "What will he do?"

"He- oh no. I've said too much.." He stops.

"No! Please, sir! Continue!" I panic.

He snarls at me. "Why should I?"

"I-I... I have children.. I want them to be safe.. do you have any family?" I ask.

He scrunches his nose. "I did."

"Wouldn't you of done anything to keep them safe?" I push.

He hesitantly nods. I sigh and wrap a hand around my stomach. He gasps, "You're.."

I tense up. "You see what I mean."

He takes a moment.. "He's bringing in ALL this troops to fight against The Retaliation."

I gasp. "Thank you, thank you!"

I run out of the shed. "GENE!"

He turns around and hugs me. I'm breathing heavily. He rubs my back. "What happened? Is he loose? Did he hurt you?"

I shake my head. "Go get Melody, we're not doing this. We're gunna head south in an hour."

"Y/N, what's going on?"

"I'M NOT PUTTING THIS FAMILY AT RISK AGAIN, GENE. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE ANYONE ELSE!" I snap.

He raises an eyebrow and hugs me tighter. "Hun, everything will be fine. You're just hormonal."

I glare at him and push him away. "I AM NOT!"

"Calm down," He says, ironically raising his voice.

"WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE! WE NEED TO LEAVE!" I shout in his face.

"No, we need to fight." He gets louder.

"I'M NOT PUTTING MY CHILDREN AT RISK." I yell over him.

He yells, too. "OUR CHILDREN. AND THEY'RE NOT AT RISK!"

"ARE YOU MENTAL?! THERE'S CONSTANT FIGHTING, AND WE'RE THE CORE OF IT." I retort.

"BUT WE'RE PROTECTED." He screams.

"ARE WE? ARE WE REALLY?!"

"YEAH!"

"THEN HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN EIN'S APPEARANCE THE OTHER DAY?!" I fire.

He goes silent. I glare at him, "IF WE'RE SO PROTECTED, HOW COME YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THE UPCOMING ATTACK?!"

"Y/N... I didn't... I didn't know.. I'm sorry, but-" He pulls my towards him.

I shove him backwards. "DON'T EVEN."

I stomp off towards the house.

Carter's POV

The young girl tugs on my finger. "What's wrong with mommy?"

I inhale and turn to Brent for help, but he's not paying the slightest bit of attention. "Uhm, well Melody, she's just a little sleepy. That makes her cranky."

Gene walks over and laughs nervously. I can see the sweat dripping off his forehead. He's plastered on a fake smile. "Heh, sorry about that, Carter.."

I shrug. "It's okay."

He grabs Melody's hand. "Here, sweetie, let's go see mommy."

She smiles and runs towards the house with Gene.

I sigh. Brent finally comes back into reality and looks over at me. "Tired?"

I yawn. "Only a bit."

"You should sleep. If what Y/N says is true, we'll be up for a while." He suggests.

"You're right." I nod and start to walk towards the tent we'd set up.

He grabs my hand. "Carter, wait."

I turn around and furrow my eyebrows. "Eh?"

He hesitates, looking at the ground. Suddenly, he pulls me into a tight hug. "Thanks... for everything."

I smile and hug him back. "Anytime."

Heyo! Sorry about the wait for this chapter... stuff is draining me... bleh.