The Retaliation

Back in Starlight....

I lay on the couch, drifting off into sleep. Gene comes running in, "Y/N!"

I bolt upright and rub my eyes. "Huh?! W-What?!"

"I-I have some news... Zianna... she... s-she died..."

I shake my head, "That's not funny, Gene."

"I'm n-not..."

I stand up. "S-She's... d-d-dead...?"

Gene nods slowly, "Y-Y/N... I-"

I scream, "THIS IS NOT REAL... MY MOM ISN'T DEAD... A-ALL THE DANGER IS OVER B-BECAUSE GARTE DIED A-AND-"

"Shh... Y/N they're conducting an investigation as to find out who-"

"I'M NOT STUPID- WAIT!! MELODY WAS STAYING WITH HER!!!! IS SHE-"

"She's mortified but... conscious.  N-Not even a scratch.."

I scream and throw on my jacket.

Gene grabs my arm, "Where are you g-going?!"

"To talk to my brothers!!! Leave me alone!!" I yell and dart out the door.

Gene's POV

I sigh as Y/N runs out the door. I know that she's really hurting right now and I want to be there for her but she won't let me....

I stare at the wall for a few minutes until the front door swings open. "Madison?"

My childhood friend runs in and hugs me. "Gene! Is your wife okay..?"

"Y/N? She's- not really..."

"Well... is she here? The Retaliation needs to speak to her..."

"She... she doesn't know about The Retaliation..." I mutter.

"Well, she's going to have to be informed." Madison orders. "Where is she?"

"I don't really know..." I choke out the sentence.

"Seriously?! Her mother was just murdered and you let her run out by herself?!" She yells.

"I-I dunno... let me text h-"

Just then, Y/N walks in the door with her face tear-stained. "M-Madison?"

"Hi Y/N." Madison smiles, hugging her.

"W-Why are you here?" Y/N sniffs.

"I need to talk to you. We found out who killed your mom, I'll tell you... in a second. I need to inform you of something else first." Madison said calmly.

Y/N nods. "O-Okay..."

"You see... Gene and I are the in The Retaliation... I'm actually the founder and leader. It's a group of trained fighters who are going against the ESO." She explained.

"E-ESO?"

"The Emerald Secret Organization. It included your dad, as well as it currently has Katelyn's mom, Travis' mother, and Aphmau's dad. It also includes your mother's killer..."

Y/N nods shakily, "O-O-Okay...."

"He killed your mother because she was Garte's wife, of course. She, by law of the ESO, would technically be the leader because he died. Not only that, but she knew every secret that they had and that's not safe. The next in line for the leader would be your mother's killer..."

"A-And that w-w-would b-be...?"

"A werewolf named Ein. He was your capturer a while ago. Remember him?" Madison  asked.

Her knees shook, "E-Ein?!"

She fell to her feet in shock. She would've hit her head on accident if I hadn't caught her.

"Shh... Y/N, The Retaliation will handle this."

"W-WHY IS HE SET ON RUINING MY F-FAMILY!?" Y/N shouts.

"You and your brothers are some kind of magical beings, supposedly. Most members today say that it's because you all had the forever potions injected into you. But, you and your siblings, mistakingly, were given a different, more powerful potion." Madison says.

Y/N ignores her, "HOW DARE HE DO THIS MUCH DAMAGE AND STILL BE ABLE TO LIVE RIGHT NOW!!! I'LL BE RIGHT BACK, I HAVE TO GO GRAB MY BASEBALL BAT!!"

Y/N hops up from the couch and I struggle to keep her down, "NO!"

"WHY?!"

"IT'S TOO DANGEROUS!!! JUST WAIT FOR A FEW WEEKS!!" I beg.

"B-BUT-"

"NO BUTS! CMON..." I take a deep breath in, "Let's get some sleep.."