Chapter fourteen

Where did Mabel go? Dipper thought. It's been forever and she still hasn't came in.
"Hey Dip dip," Pacifica ran over to Dipper.
She had an extravagant black strapless dress, with a matching mask, with half of it wired into the shape of a detailed butterfly.
Oh no. Come on where are you Mabel?
"Hey Pacifica. You look... nice ," Dipper gritted through his teeth.
Pacifica gasp, a wicked smile crossed her face.
"Thank you Dip dip."
The song changed into an old song Dipper never heard of.
"Come on, let's go dance!" Pacifica exclaimed, grabbing Dipper's hand and dragged him to the dance floor.
Like Dipper practiced with Mabel and his Grunkles, he shakily reached for Pacifica's hips, and started to go through the motions of square dancing.
"Whoa whoa whoa," Pacifica stepped away from Dipper. "This isn't the right dance."
"I thought you wanted me to learn ballroom dancing," Dipper started to sweat.
"Yeah, but wrong era. We're dancing from back in the 1200s. You'd be an idiot if you thought the Northwest's were going to host something with some 'common' dances."
What? I've didn't even know there was a ballroom dance from back then. I thought it was just square dancing or something! Dipper thought frantically. And there's no sign of Mabel anywhere!
"Uh, I'll be right back, I'm um, going to the bathroom," Dipper ran off into the crowd.
"Dipper!" Pacifica yelled, but Dipper didn't stop.
Dipper kept running through the long hallways of the new mansion. Some of the rooms weren't even finished. Dipper finally slowed down at the end of a hallway. A giant painting of the town's fraud founder, Nathaniel Northwest, standing on a stump. Dipper gasped for air.
What am I going to do? He thought.
A figure jumped out from the shadows, grabbing Dipper, and dragged him to a nearby room.
"Let me go!" Dipper exclaimed, but his screams were muffled by the hand over his mouth. Will all his strength, Dipper chomped down on the gloved hand.
"Ow! Hey!" A familiar voice exclaimed, and let go of Dipper.
"Wait."
Dipper faced the shadowy figure. He had a yellow tuxedo Dipper recognized immediately.
"Bill? What are you doing here?" Dipper asked, shocked.
"I thought you could use a hand," Bill replied. "Pun intended."
Dipper recognized the mask Bill was wearing. Suddenly aware of the possibilities, Dipper frantically spoke.  "Isn't that Mabel's mask? Where is she? What did you do to her?"
Dipper tackled Bill to the ground, finding new strength to fight him.
"Pine Tree, she's fine! Get off!" Bill pushed Dipper off of him. "She gave me her invitation and mask."
"Wait what?"
"She wanted me to keep an eye on you."
"At least you're here," Dipper muttered.
"So what's up with that dance? I haven't seen that style in forever! Quite literally speaking."
"I need your help," Dipper said. "Pacifica's going to call the agents if this night doesn't go well. Can you teach me how to dance?"
Bill made a crazy smile. "Thirsty Sapling huh?"
"Not like that you perv!" Dipper exclaimed, blushing. "You know what I mean."
"Sure, Pine Tree. But anyways, I'll teach you. You'll have to get closer."
Dipper and Bill blushed.
Why do I feel so jittery? Bill thought as Dipper stepped closer.  Uhh, this feels so weird. Human bodies are so gross.
"Place your hands around my neck, and start to sway to imaginary music," Bill said grinning.
Dipper slowly wrapped his hands around Bill's neck, and started to sway to the beat in his head. They both went through the motions slowly, smiling at each other from behind their masks.
"You think you got it?" Bill asked.
Dipper nodded. "I think I'll be ok. You coming with?"
"Yeah, yeah," Bill said noticing something in the unfinished room.
"What is it?" Dipper asked, looking in the direction of Bill's gaze.
Beneath one of the underdeveloped floorboards, an old rock plaque lay on it's side.
"Whoa!" Dipper exclaimed running to the ancient plaque. "Bill come look at this!"
Bill uneasily walked over to the broken floorboards.
"Look there's writing on it," Dipper said, whipping out a pen and notebook, already copying it down.
Even I don't recognize this kind of cipher. Bill thought worriedly.
"Do you see this?" Dipper asked. "This is huge! Look how much writing there is!"
Dipper double checked he copied it down perfectly.
X RPXB UXM AXRP,
UHOJ X RPAEC HC JHM LKXSP.
OJP TJHBRKPC UJEA OJP AXTKETEMEA AXKD,
XTTEAGXCHPR OJP VPHCL HC OJP RXKD.
OJP MDY UEQBR NXBB ECTP AEKP,
XCR OJP TEMAEM VPHCL OEKC.
OE OJP PYP EN XBB, ECP'M VBEER AQMO VP MJPXR,
QCBPMM OJP MJEEOHCL MOXK'M BHLJO NXRPM XLXHC
(Quick author's note, it's the same cipher from before. I'm just too lazy to make another cipher to keep track of.)
"This is crazy!" Dipper exclaimed. "What does it say?"
Bill shrugged. "Don't you have to dance with Lama, or something?"
"Shoot! I forgot again!" Dipper exclaimed, running out the door.
"I'll follow soon!" Bill yelled after him.
After Dipper was gone for a while, Bill looked back at the unknown combination of words.
I hope I know what I'm doing. Bill thought. If I screw up, everything will change.
Bill picked up the plaque. With all his might, he slammed it to the ground, shattering it into an unsolvable puzzle.
With one final glance at the broken rock, Bill brushed off the dust on his hands and tuxedo, and followed his human back to the party.
Thank you so much for reading another chapter! I think I'm embracing my inner Mabel, cuz I started to knit a sweater. lol I'm crazy. ANYWAYS. What a chapter right? Wrong? I don't know. Let me know. Ok so the cipher. Like I said, I'm so disorganized with my writing I can't really keep track of 2 ciphers, so use your brains, and pretend they're two different ciphers. If you're trying to solve it, it's really the same so don't worry about that. Quick little note. I may or may not have accidentally screwed up the cipher, so here's a little hint.
Z=Z
Y=Y
X=A
That's the screwed up part. So yeah. Good luck!
Be brave.
Stay strong.
Always shine!
Heros_daughter