Chapter thirty four

"Does this mean there's going to be another Weirdmageddon?" Dipper wondered out loud.
"Shooting star?" Bill whispered. "Her light..."
The door knob clicked, and Mabel walked through the door way.
"Hey nerds, I'm back. What's talking you guys so long?"
Dipper and Bill both froze.
"Um? Hello? Earth to gay couple," Mabel waved her hand in front of them.
"Mabel!" Dipper exclaimed, shoving his dozens of papers behind him. "We were just about to go downstairs."
"Mhm. I hope I wasn't." -she snickered- "interrupting anything."
"Mabel!" Dipper shoved his sister.
She laughed. "How's your foot, Bill?"
"It'll be fine, thanks."
"I'll... be downstairs..." Mabel said, grinning as she left the room.
"Ugh she's going to kill me!" Dipper sighed.
"Yeah..." Bill trailed off.
"Hey, are you alright?"
"Dipper do you even realize what's going on? Do you know what this message means? Powerful sources are starting to appear everywhere, and some are even more powerful than I am. There's so much you don't know. Heck, there's so much I don't know. But whatever you do, you can't tell Shooting Star. Whatever this thing means, it has something to do with your sister, and I can't let that happen to you."
"Let what happen to me? Let what happen to Mabel? What's going on, Bill?"
Bill started to bite his thumb nail.
"Bill you can't leave me in the dark. Not anymore. I need to know what's going on."
"No you don't!" Bill slammed his fist on the desk, cracking it. Tears streamed down his face.
They're back, Bill thought, touching his wet cheeks. Why do my eyes do that?
"Bill please," Dipper said, wrapping him in his arms, "I can't help if I don't know what's going on."
Bill let his head rest on Dipper's shoulder.
"Maybe it's better if you don't," Bill whispered, but not loud enough to be heard.
"Come on, let's see if Gruncle Ford wants to go eat something," Dipper said, helping Bill off of the chair.
With one arm around Dipper's shoulder, Bill used him as a crutch to get downstairs.

Hours later, Bill lay staring at the roof of his cage. Somewhere from upstairs, he heard Dipper snoring, fast asleep in the attic. Sending him sweet dreams, Bill focused on healing his foot. Setting his hands aflame, it took several minutes, and tons of strength, but he was finally able to stand. He sighed, trying to take a few steps. He stumbled at first, still trying to make sure his ankle was semi-able to function properly, but was, in the end, able to keep his balance. He hopped on his foot. He winced, but refused to let it bother him. Bill contemplated his options, carefully weighing his decisions, and who it would effect the most.
If I do this, I can help them. I can save them. But if I do, Pine Tree will lose me. Will he be alright? But if I don't, I'll loose them all. There has to be another way out.
Bill wrapped his blanket around him. Closing his eyes, Bill tried to sleep into a dreamless sleep.

Thank you so much for reading another chapter! Gosh I'm so sorry for updating so late! I know this chapter is super short, but I kinda don't know what to add. I know what's coming next, but it's moving too fast, you know? You need froth in your latte. Haha I love vanilla lattes. Anyways. I'll figure something out. I forgot to draw again. Eh what can I say. I'm getting sooo lazy, and it's not ok. Good night!
Be brave.
Stay strong.
Always shine.
Heros_daughter