Chapter 30

Chapter 30 

We drive for  a long time again, but we listen to the radio and sing along. I let the boys do most of the singing, no need to embarrass myself here. We also play the license plate game, a favorite of Louis’s. If I do say so myself, I am pretty good at that game. Rosie and I entertain ourselves by taking pictures in the backseat. After what seems like forever, we pull up to the beach. The rain has oddly cleared up, and it’s a beautiful day. “We don’t have swimsuits though!” I say. Louis walks to the trunk and pulls out our swimsuits and says, “We’ve got that covered.” Rosie and I look at each other slightly confused, but don’t question it. Along with our swimsuits, they have beach towels, umbrellas, snacks, everything possible you would need at the beach. We all take a few things and claim our spot on the sand. I see some people turn heads, but everyone has enough sense to see that they want to enjoy the day with their girlfriends. Rosie and I run up to the bathrooms to get our suits on, in addition the boys picked out some sundresses. How they did this? I don’t know. When they did this? Also, don’t know. How they have good fashion taste? Well.... I could take a guess on that one. When we got back to the boys, they had all the towels and umbrellas and everything laid out. Lou had his aviator sunglasses on, that I always loved so much. “I like your shades, Lou,” I say as I lay down next to him on a towel. “Thanks Chloe,” he says with a smile. I face him and he kisses me quickly. I turn around and he wraps his arms around my shoulders. His warm embrace is comforting. All of the sudden, I feel a splash of water and pop up. Rosie broke out the water guns. Game on.