Chapter 62

Chapter 62

The next morning I woke up with Lou awake and his arm around me. He had a rose on the bed side table and made us both tea. I was a little confused because as I have learned, he is not quite the morning person. I go into the bathroom and wash up and when I come out Lou is fully dressed--staring out the window. He turned around and smiled sweetly. He put his arms around my waist and kissed the top of my head, I have a surprise. I turned around to face him with a quizzical look. What could it be? Harry and Rosie are leaving shortly for their honeymoon in Australia. He brought me out into the hallway and showed me packed suitcases lying on the floor. “Where are we going?” He smirked, “I told you, it’s a surprise.” We drove to a small airport and boarded a private plane. He really doesn’t want me to know where we’re going. I fell asleep on the plane and the next thing I know I am in Lou’s arms and he’s carrying me to a hotel room. I jerk slightly, “Where are we?” We’re in Houston, babe. “Oh,” I reply, not immediately making the connection. Right as we drop off our things, we are off to another undisclosed location. I have no idea where this boy is bringing me. As we step in the park, it suddenly clicks. Houston, Texas, this park, when I first met Lou, the scavenger hunt, those boats. I turn around in a circle and cover my mouth. Lou smiles and takes my hand. He leads me to the same boats where we had our first “proper” meeting. We enter boat 4, the same exact boat we rode in before. I lean in and kiss him on the cheek, “I love you.” He smiles and says, “I love you too, Chloe,” as he takes something out of his back pocket. My face lights up and I tear up. “Chloe,” before he even says anything I begin nodding “yes.” The ring he has in the palm of his hand is just gorgeous. I couldn’t ask for a better boyfriend, friends, or life. He continues, “I love you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. This has been the best year of my life and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Harry and Rosie’s wedding made me see how happy they are to spend their lives with each other and I know we are ready. So, Chloe, will you spend the rest of your life with me and be my wife?” I nod and he pulls me into a kiss.