Come with me

"Come with me?" Kid Flash asked. Jinx spilled her tea at the sudden sound of his voice. As she scrambled to prevent a huge mess, she glared at the red haired speedster who had appeared on her sofa out of the blue.

"How did you find me?" Jinx demanded, eyes narrowed. She'd left the HIVE Five three weeks ago for this tiny apartment and a job waiting tables, while she rethought her life for a bit.

"I followed you," he said, unabashed. "I saw you working at that diner and…" he grinned at her cockily.

"Some might call that 'stalking,'" she informed him, tossing the rag she'd used to mop up her tea into the sink.

"Some," he agreed, "But this is actually important."

Her glare softened. "What is it?"

"This," he said, holding out what Jinx recognized as a Titans communicator, smashed into pieces.

"What happened?" she asked, looking him up and down to see if he was hurt—not that she cared.

"I was fighting off this guy with a magic wand, when this goes off. Turns out that the Brotherhood of Evil had been monitoring us through these things. Anyways, Robin blows them up so they can't track us anymore, leaving us without a way to communicate with each other. But I swung by one of those top secret emergency HQs that Robin set up a while back, and figured out that there was a bunch of Titans getting together to stop the Brotherhood. So I thought, maybe, the two of us could go help save the day together?" he rattled off in a single breath.

Jinx blinked. "Are you asking me on a date to save the Titans?"

Kid Flash deflated a bit. "Um…yes?"

Jinx wanted to laugh. "They'll never accept me."

"They'll give you a chance," he looked so sure of himself that she almost believed him for a few seconds.

"How can you know that?" she demanded, crossing her arms to glare at him. The effect was slightly diminished by her still wearing her waitress outfit. She longed for the confidence that her platform boots and spiky pink horns gave her, instead of a braid and tennis shoes.

"I just do. It's never too late, Jinx. Trust me," he said, echoing his words from the museum. His eyes seemed to pierce her, pleading at her with a puppy dog like ability to make her throw caution into the wind. She hesitated for a second, and then put her pale hand into his. He smiled, and it wasn't triumphant, cocky, or even flirty. It was a genuine one that soft, gentle. One that made her smile back at him.

"Let me get changed first. I'm not saving the day in this," she said, gesturing to her outfit in disgust, breaking the silence. She walked over to her dresser, opened a drawer, and extracted her outfit that she'd always worn for committing crime. She found her boots from under the bed, and grabbed her iron bands that would keep her hair in place.

She got changed quickly, her head spinning. She'd said yes. She closed her eyes. Why? How had this boy upset everything she'd known so easily? Everything was changing now, all because of him.

She knew the answer. He'd asked her questions. He'd challenged her. He'd pointed out things she'd always known, deep down, like how she could do better, how the HIVE weren't really her friends (they'd all aced Backstabbing I, II, and III after all), and how "bad" powers didn't necessarily mean she had to be evil. She opened her eyes, and put up her hair. It was time to change.

She exited her bathroom to find Kid Flash sprawled on her couch, flipping through the channels on her tiny TV. "Done yet?" he said, looking up.

"I was having an epiphany, thank you very much," Jinx informed him loftily.

"In the bathroom?" he asked, a grin on his face.

She rolled her eyes at him. "So, how do we get to Paris?"

"Well, I was thinking—how'd you know it was in Paris?" he cut himself off.

She shrugged. "Everyone knows."

He blinked at super speed. "Okay then..."

"The Titans didn't know, did they?" Jinx asked.

He shook his head. "Now, get on my back! We're going to Paris!"

Jinx wrapped her arms around his neck. "I bet you say that to all the girls."

"Never on the first date," he said. She could actually hear the flirtatious smile on his face.

"Oh, so this is a date?"

"Don't you know it!" the next thing she knew, they were moving. The world was a smear, all of the colors and shapes burring together in an oddly beautiful way. IT was better than the fastest, tallest, most terrifying rollercoaster.

They skidded to a halt. In front of them were a pair of huge doors. Jinx could hear the sound of fighting. She looked at Kid Flash.

"Looks like we're late," he said, shrugging.

"You? Late? Never."

"Oh, someone's coming!" he dashed through the doors to stop the HIVE Five from escaping.

"Now's the time you're probably thinking, 'I really shouldn't have hooked up with those Brotherhood guys.' Hate to say it, but told you!"

Cyborg landed near him, holding Control Freak. He glared at Kid Flash. "Sorry I'm late. I had to pick up a friend." Jinx walked out, smiling.

"You're with him! Traitor!" Gizmo raged, shock filling the faces of Kyd Wykkyd, Mammoth and Billy Numerous.

"You probably have some catching up to do," Kid Flash told her, leaving a breeze behind him as he left.

She smiled. "Nothing personal," she told her former friends before hitting them with pink energy.

"Now that was unexpected," she heard Cyborg say.

She didn't say anything as Kid Flash piled up her former teammates on the same place where the Titans had been frozen. She didn't watch as the two small boys pressed the button, throwing them into a cryogenic sleep.

She was hunting now, her eyes fastened on Madam Rouge. A boy who was on fire and a sort of animal/man hybrid were already fighting her. She snapped her fingers, causing her former idol to sink into the concrete.

"Oops! Did I do that?" Jinx said sweetly. Rouge glared at her as the two odd males threw her onto the conveyer belt for the twins to freeze. Jinx grinned. "Nice one," she called.

"Thanks!" It was the fireball. "Name's Hot Spot. You?"

"Jinx," she replied. Her eyes widened. "Duck!" A lightning bolt raced above their heads as the two of them raced for the floor. "Watch it!" she scolded the skinny yellow guy, who she recognized as a Titan. She got to her feet.

"Sorry," he cackled, racing away.

"Jinx!" Kid Flash zoomed up to her. "I think the fight's almost over, I just saw Mallah running off—hey Spotty! How're you going? I heard that Madam Rouge got you!"

Both Hot Spot and Jinx were shocked by the sudden subject change. "Fine?" Hot Spot managed.

"Come on!" Kid Flash grabbed her hand. "Let's save the day!"