Mornings

The sun was barely rising, but Jinx’s eyes fluttered open at the sensation of something missing. It was a familiar emptiness that she hated, but willingly put up with since there was no alternative. Her hands reached out and felt that the bed was still warm, but her target was still missing. She frowned, her eyebrows scrunching together, before she reached out some more.

“Wally,” she whined when she couldn’t find him. Jinx sat up from the bed, rubbing her eyes tiredly. Her hair was a mess, but it only seemed to add to how cute she appeared with the sleepy eyes and disgruntled pout. The blanket slipped off her shoulders and revealed her pale bare skin, one that had Wally, who was just a foot away from the bed, staring at her with a silly grin on his face. Jinx was wearing nothing but shorts and white spaghetti strapped tank-top, all of it loosely hanging onto her that it left nothing to the imagination. She scowled at him. “What are you doing up?”

“It’s morning.” He said simply.

“So what? Come back to bed.” Jinx yawned, stretching like a cat as she leaned against her pillows. “Don’t tell me you always get up at this time when you’re at the Watchtower.”

“Pretty much, though if you match the time zone with the other side of the world, I’d be waking up pretty late.” Wally joked only to yelp when there was a sharp sting on his back that made him take a step forward towards the bed. Jinx lunged without warning, linking her arms around his neck and jerking him forward. Wally fell onto the bed with her, his face buried into her chest while a long luscious leg hooked itself around his waist.

“You’ve been gone for months and I will be damned if I don’t get the opportunity to laze around with my husband for an hour or two,” she murmured, knowing the kids would be up and rampaging soon. They were early risers like their father.

“Aw, don’t tell me you missed me that much, Jinxie-poo,” he teased, wrapping his strong comforting arms around her.

“A, don’t call me Jinxie-poo. And B,” she ran her fingers through his hair lazily and whispered heatedly into his ears, “didn’t I show you last night just how much I missed you?”

There was a chuckle as he raised his head upward to kiss her cheek. “And I must say that I can just feel the love. Or maybe it was just my adorable ass you missed?”

“Well, there is that,” Jinx mused in amusement. “You do have a very cute butt.”

“One that is reserved only for you.”

“That better be true,” she warned, her eyes flashing pink as she remembered of his flirtatious history. “If I catch wind that you’re even looking at some other woman funny, not even Superman will be able to keep me out of-.”

“Relax,” Wally laughed. “You know you’re my number one.”

Jinx grumbled under her breath before snuggling into his broad chest, her arms wrapping tightly around him. There was another chuckle from him at how she was trying to absorb his warmth, her naturally cool skin matching well with his heated one caused by his fast metabolism.

“Cuddling?” he inquired lightly. “Very Jinx-like.”

“Just shut up and enjoy it.” she mumbled sleepily, his warmth making her eyes close. “You know you missed it too.”

His blue eyes softened and he nuzzled into her temple. “You have no idea.”