Chapter twenty three

Topanga dropped the girls off at the mall. "What time do you want me to pick you up? Topanga asked. "5:00 would be good." Riley answered. "Okay girls have fun." She drove away.

They walked into forever 21. Maya picked out a few clothes and Riley too. "I was thinking for your campaign we get cute pictures of you two all over the school lockers." Riley said as they walked out the store. "We could also make football and Pom-pom shaped cookies and put them in clear plastic wrapping paper." Riley suggested as they walked into Charlotte Rousse.

"I like the cookies idea because my mom can bake them." Maya said as she looked through another clothing rack. "Also the poster idea but we should put them on the walls instead of the lockers because I'm pretty sure they don't want it on their lockers." Maya replied. "Yeah you're right." Riley picked out a white collared button up shirt with black polka dots.

"That's cute you should get that." Maya said picking out a pair of blue jeans. "Thanks peaches." She went up to the counter to buy it. Maya purchased two pairs of jeans.

"You are so going to win. It will be magical." Riley said with a sparkle in her brown doe eyes. "I can't wait until Farkle asks me." Riley smiles. "I can't wait either." Maya smiled at what her huckleberry boyfriend might do. "I'm hungry we should go eat." Riley remarked as they walked out another store.

"Yeah I'm in the mood for Wetzel's Pretzels." Maya responded. Riley got the cinnamon pretzel with cream sauce while Maya got the normal one with cheese sauce. They also ordered lemonades.

They sat down at an empty table and set  their shopping bags down. Maya ripped a piece of her pretzel and dipped it in the gooey cheese sauce. She took a bite and her mouth savored the warm dough.

"Do you have any idea of what your dress will look like?" Riley asked sipping her lemonade with her straw. "I think I'm going with black or white." Maya answered. "I wanna go a midnight blue for mine." Riley said. "That's pretty Riles." Maya ate another bite.

"I know right." Riley replied. "How's the homecoming coming along?" Maya asked. "It's great so far. Of course with me being the coordinator everything is perfect for the night under the stars." Riley bragged causing Maya to laugh.

"Hey maybe for the pictures Farkle can take them." Riley offered as she took out her phone texting Farkle. "That's a god idea Riles if it isn't too much trouble." Maya said, her phone buzzed in her bag.

She took her phone out and it was her boyfriend asking her what Smackle liked. She responded with comic books and science. Maya texted I love you to him and turned off her phone. "Farkle said he would do it. How about next Saturday?" Riley questioned.

"I have a date with Huckleberry this Saturday." Maya smiled knowing Riley was going to freak out. "Oh my gosh you guys are going on your first date as a couple. This is exciting!" Riley wiped her hands off with the napkin.

"I know I'm super excited." Maya shared in her best friend's joy. "Would you mind helping me by the way?" Maya asked. "Of course. I'll help Peaches." Riley grinned. "I think I might you..know after the date." Maya whispered. "Oh my gosh." Riley whispered too.

"I know but I'm ready Riley. I never felt so ready in my life." Maya said as a smile broke out of her face. "I'm happy for you guys. That's a big step." Riley said. "Yeah my parents won't be home so it's a great opportunity." Maya responded. They got up and threw their trash away.

It was 4:30 and Riley called her mom since they were spent. Topanga came in ten minutes. "For dinner there's steak and mashed potatoes." Topanga said. "I hope Dad didn't eat it all." Riley said causing the car to erupt in laughter. They entered in the house.

Cory was in the living room watching TV with a big helping of mashed potatoes in his plate. Lucas was talking to his dad about something on the couch. He smiled as his girlfriend walked in. "Hey babe how was your girl day?" He inquired. Maya kissed him on the lips and sat down next to him exhaustedly. "It was super fun." Maya took off her shoes and left her bags in his room.

"Is Zay asking Smackle to homecoming?" Maya asked sitting down next to him. "Yeah he's going to be Superman." He answered. Maya laughed. "It's gonna be funny seeing Zay in tights."

"I accidentally told them and they laughed so hard that Josh had to borrow Noah's jacket." He said causing both of them to laugh. They finished their dinners and said goodnights and vacated into his room.

"Riley suggested some good ideas for my campaign." Maya took out her bun and shook out her blonde hair and ran her hands through it. "What are some she came up with?" Lucas questioned her.

"We make cookies out of Pom-poms and footballs." Maya said as she took out her pajamas from her now claimed "Penelope" drawer since she comes over everyday.

"We also have pictures of you and I all over the school walls." She said as she walked in the bathroom. "Wait you want me to be prince too?" Lucas asked. "Yeah but you don't have to." Maya put her clothes on the closed toilet seat. "I want to if you want me to." He leaned on the bathroom doorway crossing his arms.

"Okay I really do." Maya said and wrapped her arms around his waist happily. Maya put her hands on either side of his face and leaned up to kiss him on his lips. "Thank you so much." Maya had a sparkle in her blue eyes.

"Anything for you baby." He smiled and kissed her again. He walked out the bathroom and lied on his bed. Lucas had an inkling of what he might do to ask Maya to homecoming. He asked his friends and they said they would do it. He was planning on asking her on lunch the upcoming Friday before the game. He just knew Maya will jibe him probably the rest of the school year but he didn't care.

Maya came out after twenty minutes. She was in white shorts and a white tank top. Her blonde hair was in a messy bun. Maya laid her head in the space between his neck and shoulder. She kissed his neck before letting sleep succumb her.

Some of her blonde strands fell on her face. He could hear her faint light snores. She looked so beautiful. He felt so lucky to have such an amazing person in his life. He moved a blonde strand and put it behind her ear.

He kissed her forehead, falling asleep after her.

A/N : Thank you guys for 4K reads! I'm very happy that you like it! ❤️