Chapter twenty seven

It was finally Friday. The day Lucas was going to ask Maya to homecoming. Lucas was going to propose to her right before the home game. All his friends were apart of it too. They were dressed in cardboard boxes that looked like toy blocks with the words hoco spelled on them with a question mark. Lucas was dressed as woody from toy story. He had a brown cowboy hat with a yellow flannel and a cow patterned vest with blue jeans and brown boots. He shaved his beard for the part too.

He was carrying flowers, a cute stuffed toy bull, and a sign that read : "I may be woody from toy story but we can have our own story at homecoming." Everyone was taking out their cameras. The rest of the football team were laughing and cheering.

Maya was directing her cheerleading team so she didn't see him. The cheerleaders stopped and Maya was confused. "Why did you guys stop what happened?" Smackle turned her around and Maya laughed so hard.

He looked absolutely ridiculous. She looked at the rest of his friends and they were dressed in cardboard boxes. She read the sign and smiled. He walked up to her and held her hand.

"Baby, I love you so much. I'm glad I get to call you my girlfriend. Would you like to go to homecoming with me?" He asked. "Yes huckleberry." Maya jumped in his arms and kissed him. Everyone in the stands and the field cheered.

He set Maya down. He gave her the flowers, the toy, and the sign. Lucas put his cowboy hat on her head making Maya giggle. "Let me take a picture." Farkle said. Lucas wrapped his arm around Maya's waist and smiled. The rest of their friends posed in the back. Katy and Topanga also took pictures of them.

She gave the stuff to her mom and dad. She kissed him again. "Thanks huckleberry I love you." She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. "I love you too baby. Now go cheer." He grinned and Maya walked over to her team.

The Patriots won with a score of 28-21. Topanga decided to get in-n-out for dinner. Topanga, Riley, and Cory sat on the couch while Lucas and Maya were sitting on the loveseat eating their food. Lucas put a blanket over them. They were watching Friends on the living room TV.

"Oh my gosh look." Maya held up her phone. She showed him the pictures that Topanga, Farkle, and Katy sent. "We look cute." Maya remarked. "We do don't we?" He stated, kissing her cheek. "You know I'm never living this down right?" She asked and giggled again at the picture. "I wouldn't want it any other way babe." He leaned down and pecked her on the lips.

A little while later, Maya fell asleep on his chest. Lucas grinned and picked his girlfriend up from the seat. He whispered goodnight to his family and gently set Maya down on his bed. He took off his shirt and cuddled in beside her. He couldn't wait for the date tomorrow.

A/N : Thanks for reading! It means the world to me!