1

Quinn POV {six years later}

"Please don't get me started on the new design he brought up!" I exclaim over the phone with on an early, bright Monday morning.

I place my empty coffee mug in my kitchen sink and lean against the counter, grinning down at my bare feet. "Yes it was quite terrible." I say through laughter.

I brush a piece of my hair back and gnaw at my lower lip as my friend speaks on the other line of the phone. Her words are quick and just as amused sounding as mine about the upcoming print one of our workers suggested we try out.

How comical.

My eyes look up from my feet when I hear footsteps come closer towards the kitchen. I soon see my boyfriend enter with messy hair and a tired look. The tired look probably has something to do with his drinking from last night.

"Kelsey, I hate to interrupt but I have to go. I'll see you at the office and we'll chat more?" I ask.

"Yeah of course!" She exclaims. Our call soon falls short and I lock my iPhone.

"Good morning," I greet Derek who smiles lazily at me. I walk over to him and plant my lips to his cheek. "Can I get you anything?" I ask.

"Hm," He pauses, wrapping his arms around me. A playful grin goes on his face, which eases the tension rising in my body. "You sounds lovely this morning." I shake my head by his words.

"I have work this morning." I tell Derek through a gentle hum.

"And? Ten minutes top." He begs. I break away from his hold on my body and swing around the counter to turn on the stove.

"Eggs?" I ask.

In defeat he sighs and nods while murmuring a thank you. I just nod and smile softly.

These past six years have been amazingly different for me. Some aspects haven't been amazing though.

"Babe, are we still meeting my Dad for dinner tonight?" I ask Derek in the mist of my cooking.

I tuck a piece of hair behind my hair and pick at my bottom lip. I look back to the eggs that are nearly done then to my boyfriend sipping coffee I made for him.

"Maybe. I'll see what time I get out of work." He tells me in a less happy tone.

I hate that he changes his mood once I say I don't want to have sex.

I roll my eyes to myself and turn off the stove. "So, I'll be home around nine." I tell him. Derek saying "I'll see what time I get off of work" equals, "no I'm not going".

"That's too late. Seven tops." Derek says while making eye contact with me.

"I'm leaving my building at six. The restaurant is nearly twenty minutes from where I am." I argue.

"You'll find a way." He says through a lazy smile.

"I'll be home when I'm home." I say, standing my ground.

His brown eyebrow raises at me. "Will you now? I guess the couch will be calling your name."

Derek's words cause my heart to pinch and my head to shake. I slide him over the dish of food and walk upstairs to take a shower.

Like what I said;

Some aspects haven't been truly amazing.

A://N

Yes, a time jump.

Trust me (:

I hope you guys are excited!

Comment ?!?!?! That would be amazing !!!!

~Lauren