54

Quinn POV

I really just stand there in shock as Gemma introduces him to everyone proudly. My head is spinning and I feel sick. Literally sick.

I excuse myself from the house and head to the car to get my purse, which I planned to do. When I leave the house I feel the oxygen rush to my lungs and air quickly fill my body. My head is resting against my car and I'm just trying to catch my breath.

Derek is engaged to Gemma.

What the actual fuck?

I feel a hand rest on my lower back, making me jerk by the familiar touch that always makes my guard go up. "Can we talk?" Derek asks, looking at me with this look that makes me want to vomit all over his expensive shoes.

"No, just go inside." I say, dismissing him.

"We have unsettle--things, and I don't want it to carry to my fiance's family." He says, lowering his voice and making eye contact with me.

"You're an abuser and Gemma doesn't know what the hell she's getting herself into." I spit angrily. He doesn't flinch by my words he doesn't even react.

"Quinn, please just listen to me." He begs practically.

"Is she the girl you were cheating on me with?" I ask, tilting my head a bit.

"I think about what I've done to you everyday," He doesn't answer my question, which makes me grossed out by the answer I got descretly. "I wasn't the same man I was when I was with you. I had built up anger with my family and took it out on you, and I will forever be sorry about it. But Quinn, I would never hurt Gemma. She's the best thing that's happened to me."

I jerk a little about that last sentence. I like reused lines. Maybe he'll mean it this time.

"Can you please just leave me alone?" I ask, making eye contact with him. His brown eyes look soft, but all I see are the eyes that used to frighten me.

"I need to know we're okay though, and our relationship won't ever get to Gemma." Derek says worriedly. 

"I can't promise anything." I mumble under my breath. My eyes close as I feel a body step in front of me. My head rests on Harry's back and my hands grasp on his body.

"So you're the one fucking my sister? Did you hit her too?" Harry spits angrily.

"No, I changed okay? I'm in therapy for my anger, and want to move past the moment in my life where I was at my lowest. Please?" Derek says. His voice is low and delicate sounding.

Harry doesn't speak because Gemma comes outside. "It seems like you all already met," She says cheerfully. She clings to her fiance and I cringe. I think I cringe because her and I had sex with the same dude. "Why is the party outside?" She says with small laughter.

"I ran into her in the doorway and wanted to make sure she was okay." Derek explains while giving Gemma a grin.

"Oh, that's nice." She says. I try to pull of a smile and open the car to grab my purse. Harry gives me a look and I shake my head. "I'll meet you all inside, I have to make a call." I say, lying. I just need space.

Gemma nods and starts towards the door. Harry doesn't move, but I nod saying he can go. Derek just looks at me with this look that makes me want to vomit. Harry follows his sister but keeps an eye on my ex.

Before Derek walks away he speaks. "Shes pregnant, okay? And I don't want her to feel like her and I starting a life together is a mistake because of my past. I really did change Quinn, and I hope one day we'll be good."

"Make sure to not beat one of your girlfriends till knocked out again, okay?" I ask, nudging past him to walk back inside. I feel like covering myself up and hiding. I don't want to be here, I don't feel safe.

I walk past Harry and head to the bathroom. I close the door behind me and sit on the floor. I don't cry, I just let reality sink in.

The door creaks open and I don't look to see who it is, because I already know. "Are we really not going to tell Gemma?" Harry asks.

"I don't know." I answer.

"Wouldn't you want to know?" He asks me. "Quinn we don't know what she's getting herself into."

"I don't know." I answer again. I really just want to be alone.

"What did he tell you before he left?" Harry asks, sitting in front of me and resting his hands on my thighs.

"That she's pregnant and he doesn't what he did to me to carry over to their relationship." I answer honestly. Harry sucks in a deep breath and sighs loudly.

"Fuck." He mutters under his breath. "How are you doing?"

"I don't know, I'm just," I pause, not even knowing feel. "I'm processing everything."

"I don't want my sister to be abused." Harry tells me.

"If he was abusing her I would've noticed in her eyes a cry for help, trust me," I say while looking at him. "I'm all for people changing it's just—Derek. I thought I was done seeing him. And now he's with Gemma."

"Did he cheat on you with her?" Harry asks me in a gentle whisper.

"Yes," I say with a sigh. "I just have to feel weird about how we slept with the same person."

Harry cringes by my words which makes my eyes roll.

"This is all--weird. Gemma got divorced four, nearly five years ago, and now she's marrying the dude she cheated on her husband with?" 

My eyes widen by his sentence. "She cheated on her husband?" I ask.

"Yeah," Harry says, rolling his eyes. "She had twins with her first husband--well the dude that knocked her up and she married him after dating him for a year. Then my niece and nephew were born. He's a traveler for work, and she started sleeping with Derek I assume as he was away. And they fell in love and got engaged as she was still married. This is a whole fucking train wreck." 

I'm shocked by this if I'm being honest.

"And she didn't know Derek had a girlfriend at the time?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I'm pretty sure she did. My parents don't know. The only think my parents know is that they just got engaged." 

"Well fuck." I say, surprised that this was all going on behind my back. 

We soon leave the bathroom and start socializing. Harry doesn't leave my side as his family speaks to us or when Gemma does. I kind of look at her and feel sick now knowing the back story to Derek and Gemma. Her kids are adorable though, but they aren't here today. They're most likely with their father who I feel sorry for.

Jamie is playing with Lola who's grown older and looks like Anne. He's sitting on the living room floor playing with toy cars and what not. Dimples are on his cheeks and he looks happy. 

I look away from James and catch Derek staring at me. My stomach twists and I excuse myself to the other room to get space that I desperately need. Being in the same room as my ex makes me feel sick and I feel like I should talk to Gemma.

A://N

helloooooooo

tysm for reading , i hope you guys are enjoying

comment goal: 50??

~lauren