18

Quinn POV

I lay in bed staring up at the ceiling fan, wondering about what happened today at the cafe.

Seeing Harry and being with him in person made me feel like I went back in time. Knowing that I couldn't hold is hand while walking outside, or kissing his lips that I miss desperately, caused me sadness and leaving before I was ready didn't help at all.

I wish I didn't still love him.

I wish I didn't still want him.

He has a girlfriend who sounds wonderful, and if he's happy, that's all that matters.

I hear the door creak open, which makes me roll my eyes. "Babe what's for dinner?" Derek asks, laying down beside me on the mattress.

"Left overs." I answer. I'm not hungry and the thought of food sickens me right now.

"Really?" He asks, huffing loudly.

"Yes." I say, moving my hands to rest on my stomach so he doesn't touch me.

"You've been acting weird. Everything okay?" Derek asks me. His voice is soft sounding which is weird to hear considering how he just acted a few seconds ago.

I glance over at my boyfriend and nod. "Yeah why?" I ask.

"Just wondering," A gentle grin goes on his mouth. He leans in and presses his lips to his forehead. "I'm going to go to the gym. I'll tell you when I'm on my way home."

"Okay, have fun." I say to him. I look back up at the fan, lingering on the thought of Harry and what we used to be.

***

I sit in the kitchen Wednesday evening stirring my coffee, no thrilled by the events that happened today.

Derek and I got into another argument. Over what? I'm not sure exactly. I believe it was because I didn't want to have sex, which should now just be a given.

I reach for my phone and see a missed call from my sister. My eyebrows furrow by the random call, but I don't think much about it. I just call her back while leaning against the kitchen counter. My hand runs through my messy hair and I just listen to the endless rings.

"Quinn!" She exclaims happily when she decides to answer.

I'm taken back by her tone. "Hey, you called?" I question, itching my head.

"Come to Dad's for dinner." Faith tells me.

"Why?" I ask, narrowing my eyebrows.

"Because I want to have a family dinner." My sister hums through the cellphone. 

"Now?" 

"Be there at sixish." She says, lowering her voice. I look at the clock and see it's five thirty. I chuckle to myself and rub my eyes.

"Should I bring anything?" I offer.

"Just yourself." Faith hums sweetly.

Soon the call ends, and I'm left wondering why she wants to have a family dinner so last minute. My thoughts are soon dismissed once I realize I have to leave now to beat traffic and get there on time.

***

I sit in the living room at my Dad's playing with my nieces. A wide smile is on my face by playing with the little kids. My oldest niece is Maria, she's three now. Then my sister has a five month baby named Gianna. Both are the most adorable little kids.

Maria has little pig tails and a grin on her lips. Her eyes are a bright blue and has smile creases on her cheeks that look like they could be dimples when she's older.