57

Harry POV

I sit with Jamie after Wendy left in the house. She was over only for two hours and I told her we needed to talk later.

His eyes are on the TV and his head is rested on my lap. A blanket is draped around his body and he looks like he's about to fall asleep. 

I've yet to talk to Wendy about the whole introducing our son to her boyfriend thing, but I let her come over to see him because I know how much he missed her. I hate this situation that I'm in sometimes, only because James misses his Mom when he's not with her. I keep thinking "he'll get used to it" but he's three, and it might get worse.

"Are you still propo-ing to Quinny?" My son asks. He mumbles the word 'proposing' which made me grin by his slight baby talk.

"Um, I'm not sure about Friday anymore." I tell him, stroking his hair.

I had a plan for a few months to propose to Quinn, finally. But after our whole argument last night, it seems rushed and I don't want that. I wanted it to be a surprise, now it won't. She'd think it's out of pity.

"Why?" Jamie asks, turning over to face me. His pale green eyes look at me and his head tilts a bit.

"Timing." I say, summarizing the issue as I stroke his messy curls.

"But I want her to be my other Mommy. Can't you do it? still" He asks me, pouting a little. His words cause my heart to pinch because not only am I letting down Quinn by making her waiting longer, I'm letting down Jamie.

"Let me make a quick call, okay?" I say to him. I only know one person who always gives me great advice.

He nods and slides off my lap. James lays back down and I head to the kitchen. I reach for my phone that's on the counter and call my Mom, hoping she'll help since she always does when I have problems. 

The phone rings for a bit then she answers. "Hi honey! How are you doing?" She says through the phone happily.

"I'm okay, I have an issue though." I say, just cutting to it.

"Oh dear, what's wrong?" My Mom asks, sighing a bit.

"Last night Quinn mentioned to me how shew wanted a baby--" She cuts me off, making my head shake.

"I'm getting another grand baby?!" My Mom asks, beaming through the phone.

"Not right now. I told her I wanted to wait until we were married." I say, finishing my sentence.

"Oh," She says, disappointed. "I mean that's understandable, but it's been a few years and you haven't popped the question. I assumed that you just didn't want to get married."

"I do, I'm just trying to find time. And I've been planning for months and this Friday was going to be it. Should I still do it even though she might think I'm only proposing out of pity?" I ask.

"Hm," My Mom says, making me bite my lip nervously. "How were you going to propose?" She asks.

I start explaining.

I've been thinking about this for months, so I know what I want to happen from beginning to end. I've had Kelsey, Quinn's closest friend, even give me tips and everything to make it the best. But now I don't know if I should push it back.

"Awe, that sounds amazing darling," She says. "I think if you change something it will be more of a surprise, so do this instead..." Then she starts explaining.

I hope this proposal turns out good. 

A://N

oof short chapter 

comment goal: 50??

i have no plans today so you might get a double update ;)

~lauren