6

Quinn POV

I slept in a hotel last night considering how Derek and I left off on Tuesday afternoon. Thinking about that day makes my stomach and pinch all in the wrong way.

When I walk into our home the following morning to grab my things for work, I hear him on the phone. The first thing I hear is laughter, which is odd considering how uptight he is most of the time.

I walk into the kitchen and see he's cooking himself breakfast and is grinning widely as he talks to someone on the phone. Seeing him cook for himself is a different sight as well.

He looks happy without me in his life overall. 

He's smiling, and laughing considering how he treated me yesterday.

I don't say anything to Derek for him to look my way. I don't want his attention in general. 

I just head upstairs to our shared bedroom and grab my sketches as well as files I didn't go over, but desperately need to do. I'm trying to get all my sketches in before the new year so I can make the actual clothing by February. 

When I turn around, I find my boyfriend leaning against the door frame, looking at me with a puzzled look. "You didn't want to say hello?"

I guess he did see me.

"You looked busy." I come up with while flattening my dress down. It's become a nervous this I guess.

"Hm," Derek says with a simple eye roll. "Why didn't you text me saying where you were last night?"

"Because I wasn't the most happy with you yesterday." I answer like it's obvious.

"It doesn't mean I don't care about where you are Quinn," Derek tells me. His hands rest on my arms and his eyes make contact with mine. "I love you and even if we have an argument I still want to know if you're okay."

Him touching me only makes me stiffen and feel more uncomfortable than I already am around him lately.

If I'm being honest I really just want to be alone.

"Good to know." I say to my boyfriend with a small smile.

He leans in and presses his lips to my cheek.

After that I just grab my things and leave our house with a lingering headache. I'm thinking about visiting my Dad tomorrow. I haven't been back in town in years if I'm being honest. Going back to town just gives me a lot of memories that only cause my heart to ache.

I get back into my car and find myself getting lost in my thoughts

Quinn POV {past}

My head is rested on Harry's broad chest and his fingers run through my hair soothingly.

Every once and a while I'll feel his lips touch my neck or cheek, which causes a grin to escape on my lips and my stomach to get wild butterflies.

He leaves tomorrow morning for his flight, which I'm not ready for. I want to keep Harry here where I know he's safe.

Thinking about not having him to sleep beside or speak too tomorrow makes my eyes pinch and fear rack up inside my chest again. 

"Can you at least give me a hint to where you're going to be at for the next six months?" I ask my boyfriend in whisper. 

"A place where I'll be fine at." Harry answers, which makes me huff. I lift my head off of his chest  and make eye contact with him.

"Is it in this country?" I ask hopefully. 

"Can't say babe." He tells me. His eyes look sad, which only make me feel worse about this whole situation. 

His hands grasp my cheeks and his lips touch mine gently. "I love you." I say to Harry who gives me a smile.

"I love you too." He says. I rest my head back down on his chest and drape my arm over his body. I close my eyes for a brief moment, just holding onto him for the remaining time he's here with me. 

Within the time Harry has been staying with me, we celebrated our one year anniversary, which was nice. We went out to dinner and spent the rest of the night at home cuddling as well as enjoying each other's company. 

"I want to marry you one day." I admit to Harry who kisses the top of my head.

"Good, because I plan on making that happen." I smile by his words and nuzzle my head into his chest more. 

Only three and a half more years.

A://N

hello!!!

i hope you guys are liking this book so far!!!!

comment? vote?

~lauren