56

Quinn POV

"What?" Harry says moving a bit to look at me. I sit up and look at my boyfriend who looks confused to what I said.

"I want a baby." I repeat.

"What do you mean? Like now?" His eyebrows furrow as he asks me.

"Not right now, but soon," I say, clarifying. "What are your thoughts on that?" I ask.

"I mean," He says, still shocked by the sudden change in topic and how this conversation is taking a turn to a soon to be argument I feel like. "Can we talk about this when we get home?" He asks.

I shift uncomfortably on the couch and sit up straighter. "Sure." I mumble.

"I just want to talk about this in private Quinn." He says to me.

"Okay." I say, pulling off a fake smile.

We'll see if we actually talk about this at home.

***

We get home around one a.m. There was some traffic on the way back, but luckily Jamie slept through the whole car ride and when he laid down on his bed he fell back asleep.

Harry and I are sitting in bed now, and there is still no mention of the topic that's been on my mind the past few months. The bedroom is dark and we're both just laying in bed. I'm growing uncomfortable and annoyed by him not mentioning it and totally brushing it off.

I feel his arm go around my body, pulling me closer towards his body. "I'm not in the mood to cuddle." I say, moving out of his grasp.

"Quinn--" I cut him off.

"You said we'd talk about it when we get home." I bring up, rolling my eyes at the fact that he's acting like this.

"It's late." He speaks.

"And? Why can't we just talk about it?" I ask curiously.

"Because I get stressed easily." Harry answers.

"That's stressful about me saying I want a baby?" I ask, turning on the lamp and looking at him. He sits up and runs his hand through his curls.

"We have a two bedroom house, so we'd have to move into a bigger place. We were talking about getting a dog and now you want a baby. That's a lot of stress, not to mention who knows if the puppy we get likes kids. I thought we wanted to wait to have kids." Harry explains.

"I want one though," I say. "What's wrong with getting a house and moving out of the condo? I'll be pregnant for nine months so our possible dog would get used to Jamie first and we'll see how that goes. And I might not conceive fast so we can still get the dog."

"Why do you want one Quinn?"

"Do you not want to have kids with me?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Of course I do, this is just all so random." He says, tugging his hand through his hair.

"So? I don't see the issue." I say honestly.

"I want to wait, that's all." Harry says.

"Wait for what?" I ask, getting annoyed by his discrete answers.

"I want to wait at least till we're married," He tells me. "Then I want to the house, then the kids."

"So I have to wait till you're ready to propose in ten years?" I remark, raising my voice a bit.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry asks, raising his voice back at me.

"I know you have no intent on marrying me anytime soon, and when it comes down to me you want to do it the proper way when I just want a child of my own." I say, snapping at the boy sitting across of me.