17

Quinn POV {past}

It's been three years since Harry has left.

The last time I spoke to him was last month. Prior to that was when he left. If I'm being honest, within the three years of him being gone, and him and I not speaking, I thought he died. When he emailed me last month saying that in September he's going home for good, I haven't felt more relieved.

Anne called me two weeks ago, telling me Harry's home and doesn't look or act the same from when he first left after high school. Hearing this broke my heart, but I still have hope that he'll go back to who he was.

I sit on my bed Friday night, staring at TV. I don't know what show is on or what is happening with the characters currently. All I am focused on is Harry and how he's read the text I sent yesterday but yet to respond.

What makes my heart begin to race is the sound of my phone beeping.

I glance over at my iPhone screen and see Harry's name.

Harry: no

My eyebrows furrow and I open up the conversation, forgetting what I said.

Me: hey Harry. Your mom told me you were home now, want me to visit over the weekend soon?

Harry: no

Me: oh..

Harry: i thought I made it clear that we're done, no? leave me alone. live your life.

Me: i am, but I thought you said we'll still be together in the future.

Harry: things happen.

Harry: bye.

I'm left sitting on my bed, wondering what just happened and if what just happened actually was real.

Maybe he just needs time since he just came back from god knows where.

He just needs time.

Harry POV {present}

I meet Quinn at a local coffee shop on Sunday afternoon.

She's wearing a grey fitted dress that shows off her curves and body well. Her shoes are high heels and her hair is down. "Did you come from a meeting?" I ask my ex who sips her coffee.

"Sadly so," She says with a gentle grin. "Does it look like it?" Quinn asks, looking down at her outfit.

"A tad," I answer, sipping my tea. "Not that it's a bad thing of course. I was just curious." I say through a slight ramble.

"Yeah, I get it." Quinn says, finishing off her coffee.

"Want me to you get you a refill?" I ask, referring to her now empty cup.

"You don't have too." She says with a gentle grin.

I stand from the chair I'm sitting in and look down at Quinn who has her hazel eyes on me. "It's the least I can do. French vanilla, light and sweet?" I ask, remembering how she usually takes her coffee.

"Yeah, thank you." She says sweetly.

I walk back up to the counter to order another coffee and tea. As they make it for us, I wait off to the side.

I'm nervous, when I shouldn't. There is nothing to be nervous about. We're just catching up. I run my hand through my hair and let out a deep breath.

Why did I think this was a good idea?

I soon return to the table to find Quinn staring around the shop. Her eyes soon look back to me and she smiles gently. "Thank you." She says again, grabbing the coffee from my hold. Her fingers brush against mine, which causes my body to get goosebumps by the small touch.