15

Quinn POV

Staring at Harry makes me forget my thoughts and what I wanted to ask in the first place.

My mouth is open like a moron and I can't even speak. Hell, I feel like I can't even breath.

"You needed something Miss?" He asks. Hearing his voice sends shivers up my spine and makes my stomach pinch.

I look to Derek who is staring at me with a look which makes my face heat. My appetite is gone and my hands are shaking a bit.

"Um," I pause, not knowing what to say. "I-I forgot. I'm sorry." I say through a stammer.

"It's fine. Enjoy your meal." Harry says with a nod.

He soon walks away and I watch.

"What was that?" Derek asks with a scoff.

I swallow the lump in my throat and shake my head, standing. "I'll be right back." I say through a mumble. My heart is racing and I can barely think straight. I feel like I saw a ghost right now.

I walk away from our table, feeling weird to even walk after him. I just have so many questions that I need to ask. I know I won't ask any but I just want to see if who I'm seeing is correct.

I find Harry at the hostess desk alone. I let out a deep breath and walk up to him. His eyes glance up at me then fall back down on the book. "Did you figure out what you needed to ask?" Harry asks kindly.

"N-No," I say through a stammer. "I just," I pause, unable to say what's on my mind. I don't even know what's on my mind. "You work here?" I ask.

"I own the place." He says to me.

"What?" I ask, knotting my eyebrows.

"I own this restaurant," Harry responds. "Nice isn't it?"

"V-Very," I say through a stutter. "The food is good." I compliment.

"Thank you," Harry says, looking at me. We make eye contact, which makes me feel like time froze. We don't speak nor do anything else besides stare at each other. All I can really hear is my heart beat through my ears.

I thought I wouldn't ever see him again considering how we left off.

Harry breaks eye contact with me and clears his throat. "Most recipes were inspired by your grandmother." He admits to me which makes me smile softly by the mention of her.

"I'm glad someone is putting her recipes to use." I say which makes him smile politely at me.

I stare at Harry in disbelief. I haven't seen him in years and everything between us is lingering in my chest.

"Do you live close to here?" He asks curiously.

"Yeah, not too far. You?" I ask.

"Fifteen minutes," Harry says, I nod. "What are you doing now? As a career and all."

"Oh," I say. "I uh, own a clothing line called HQ."

His eyes widen by sentence. "Really? That's the only thing my girlfriend wears." He says with a chuckle and smile by the mention of her.

My eyes throb at the fact he has a girlfriend and my heart pinches as well. "I'm glad she
likes t-the clothes," I say. "Anyways, I'll let you go. N-Nice talking with you."

"Yeah, you too," His eyes fall sad which make me want to cry more than I already too. I turn my heel and drop my eyes to my feet. As I'm about to walk away Harry's voice speaks behind me. "Quinn?" He asks.

"Y-Yeah?" I say, turning around and giving a weak smile.

"Uh," He pauses and drops his eyes to my hands. I glance down and notice the promise ring on my finger which makes me hind my hand in embarrassment. "We should catch up some time."

"Yeah, we should." I say.

"Same number?" He asks.

"Same number." I agree.

After that I walk away, feeling overwhelmed and sad.

When I return to the table I find Derek sitting there annoyed. He stares at me with this look that scares me and makes my body stiff.

"Sorry, I was getting his billing information." I come up with while sitting down.

"Whatever." He says while taking out his phone.

I look down at my lap and just think about Harry and how much I miss him.

A://N

Double update because I had too much caffeine

Comment ? Vote ?

~Lauren