35

Quinn POV

I get to my office Monday morning feeling exhausted and already done with the day.

Since everything with Harry happened, I've been just so out of it. All my attention and thoughts are on him and what I want to do, and not my work.

I sit down at my desk and have my PA get me an large almond milk latte. It sounds odd but Kelsey got me into them and they're my guilty pleasure now.

As I wait for my coffee, I check my emails and try to distract my brain. I've submitted the photos to the board so I'm just waiting for their okay to send them to my marking company to do their thing.

My eyes are taken off of my laptop when I hear a small tap on my office door. I see Kelsey standing in the door way with a small smile on her lips. "Good morning." My friend chirps while walking in.

"Morning." I reply back with a friendly smile. I shut the lid to my laptop and sit up more straightly.

Kelsey sits down and let's out a sigh. "Everything okay?" I ask.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" She questions with a raised eyebrow.

"Pardon?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Since you and my brother broke up it hasn't been the same between us." My friend brings up, causing my heart to race. I've been trying to avoid that topic for as long as I can.

"Oh," I say, clearing my throat. "I just thought you'd think differently of me or something." I admit.

"Of course not!" She says, widening her blue eyes and raising her voice a little. "We became friends way before you guys started to become a thing—even then it doesn't matter Quinn. You're my bestie, and he's a tool."

I chuckle by her words and smile softly. "Good to know." I say.

She smiles back at me and tilts her head. "Anything else on your mind?"

"No," I lie. "Just stressed with the line and all."

Kelsey nods. "Well, the stress of that will be over soon. When marking happens it will be smooth sailing."

I can't wait till that happens. I can just focus on sales and emails for a few months before drawing sketches and thinking of the future of my company.

We begin to talk about work and our personal lives, I don't mention Harry and how he's having a child with Wendy.

Just talking to Kelsey got my mind off of him for a while, which felt nice. I didn't have to think about the pros and cons of it all.

***

I get to my condo later that night and have a lingering feeling in my chest that can't be described.

I miss him.

Him meaning Harry.

I miss our nights together, and I miss being with him. But, being with him now is different and I don't know if that's what I want. I sound terrible—possibly not wanting to be with him because of the whole baby thing, but I'm nearly 25, I don't know if I want to be a "step mom".

All of this is too stressful. Usually the one person who takes my mind off of things is Harry but now he's the only thing on my mind.

I shrug my shoulders and lean back on my couch. I reach for my phone resting beside me and see some text messages that catch my attention.

Harry: ik we're not talking currently but I just wanted to say I hope you had a good day. I love you xx

Me: I love you too

Me: come over??

Harry: you sure?

Me: yea

I don't know what will come out of him coming over, but all I need right now is to be in his presence.

A://N

SHORT ASS CHAPTER BUT I WANTED TO UPDATE SM

school has been kicking my fucking ass so :( when it gets better i'll get back in the groove of editing

if you want to check out my poetry book called "pillow thoughts" that would be coooool. they're short and i hope you guys like them :)