69

Quinn POV

I feel myself being thrown into reality by a squeeze on my shoulder.

"Quinn, are you going to speak or...?" I hear a voice say. It's a voice that I'm too familiar with, but I feel like I know too well.

My head is pounding and I don't really know what's happening.

I look across from me and see Derek. His brown eyes look annoyed and the restaurant we're seated in looks be getting more and more busy.

My eyes look to the tall person standing beside our table. My eyes glue to Harry and my cheeks instantly heat.

What is happening?

Staring at Harry makes me forget my thoughts and what I wanted to ask in the first place.

My mouth is open like a moron and I can't even speak. Hell, I feel like I can't even breath.

"You needed something Miss?" He asks.

Water beings to brim my eyes because I'm so overwhelmed with emotion.

Jamie? He's not even born yet.

I'm not engaged, or pregnant.

Harry's not even mine.

How did all that happen in my head? How did all of that happen by him coming to our table moments ago and me looking at him?

I look to Derek who is staring at me with an expression which makes my face heat even more. My hands are shaking and I'm trying to pull myself together.

"Um," I pause, not knowing what to say. "I-I forgot. I'm sorry." I say through a stammer.

"It's fine. Enjoy your meal." Harry says with a nod. We make eye contact before he walks away.

He soon walks away and I watch. I watch until he disappears and until the pounding pain in my heart settles into tears wanting to leave my eyes.

"What was that?" Derek asks with a scoff.

I swallow the lump in my throat and shake my head, standing. "I'll be right back." I say through a mumble. My heart is racing and I can barely think straight.

I walk away from our table, feeling weird to even walk after him. I thought we were just in France and everything was going to well.

But it was all in my head...

I find Harry at the hostess desk alone. I let out a deep breath and walk up to him. His eyes glance up at me then fall back down on the book. "Did you figure out what you needed to ask?" Harry asks kindly.

"Yeah," I say through a stammer.

Didn't this all already happen? I already saw Harry at the restaurant and we already made up.

"I just," I pause, unable to say what's on my mind. I don't even know what's on my mind. "You work here?" I ask, playing along to the story my head already put me through.

"I own the place." He says to me. His green eyes look me up and down, then look back to his pile full of papers.

"Wow, congratulations Harry." I say, smiling at him.

"Thank you," He says, looking at me with this look that makes me want to hug him.

We make eye contact again, causes my heart rate to simmer down. We don't speak nor do anything else besides stare at each other. All I can really hear is my heart beat through my ears.

The thought of France and Italy rush through my mind. So does Jamie.

Harry breaks eye contact with me and clears his throat. "Most recipes were inspired by your grandmother." He admits to me which makes me smile softly by the mention of her.

"I'm glad someone is putting her recipes to use." I say which makes him smile politely at me.

"Do you live close to here?" He asks curiously.

He already asked me this. Do I just play along again?

"Yeah, not too far. You?" I ask.

"Fifteen minutes or so," Harry says, I nod. "What are you doing now? As a career and all."

"Oh," I say. "I uh, own a clothing line called HQ."

His eyes widen by sentence. "Really? That's the only thing my girlfriend wears." He says with a chuckle and smile by the mention of her.

My eyes throb at the fact that Wendy is his girlfriend and my heart pinches as well at the fact we're not engaged. "I'm glad she
likes t-the clothes," I say. "Anyways, I'll let you go. N-Nice talking with you."

"Yeah, you too," His eyes fall sad which make me want to cry more than I already too. I turn my heel and drop my eyes to my feet. As I'm about to walk away Harry's voice speaks behind me. "Quinn?" He asks.

"Y-Yeah?" I say, turning around and giving a weak smile.

"Uh," He pauses and drops his eyes to my hands. I glance down and notice the promise ring on my finger which makes me hind my hand in embarrassment. "We should catch up some time."

"Yeah, we should." I say, agreeing.

"Same number?" He asks.

"Same number." I confirm.

After that I walk away, feeling overwhelmed and sad.

When I return to the table I find Derek sitting there annoyed. He stares at me with this look that scares me and makes my body stiff.

"Sorry, I was getting his billing information." I come up with while sitting down.

"Whatever." He says while taking out his phone.

I look down at my lap and just think about Harry and the fact I feel tricked.

A://N

So

Last chapter ... thoughts? Feelings?

I hope you guys semi enjoyed this series!! It means a lot to me that you read it/ supported it

I'll post an announcement on here when my next book comes out (:

\\there will be no third book to this series//

I love you all

~lauren