43

Quinn POV

It's been two weeks since James has been born.

He's coming over today for the first time this weekend, and I know Harry's excited. Me, well, I'm nervous. It would be my luck that if I hold him, he'll just cry. Babies tend to like me, but I have shitty luck so watch his baby hate me.

I've seen photos of Jamie, I just haven't met him. Being around Wendy makes me uneasy and I feel awkward. From the photos Harry sends and or shows me, he's very cute. His eye color looks like a mixture between blue and green, but more towards green in my opinion. 

I decided to run to the store to grab some stuff, since I had nothing else to do today. We need some food for dinner, and thought I should do that on my Friday afternoon. I have therapy tonight, and I know I'd be too tired to do it after. 

When I get home around two, I see Harry's car parked in the driveway. My heart rate begins to increase by the thought of a baby being inside our home. What if he doesn't like me? What if he just throws up on me?

I bring the few bags inside and set them on the island. Downstairs is silent which eases my nerves a bit. I wash my hands and tie my hair into a messy bun before going to where Harry is.

I soon head upstairs and walk to Jamie's room. The door is already open and I find Harry looking down at the baby laying down. I can tell he's smiling and looks happy by having his son here. I smile softly by looking at him. 

"Hey babe." He says while walking over to me. He plants his lips to my cheek and smiles gently. His hand falls to my lower back and I just look at my boyfriend who has deep dimples on his cheeks.

"Hello." I greet, returning a smile.

My eyes are still on the baby laying down peacefully. We both walk a few inches to the crib and my eyes go on James who looks tired but comfortable.

"Isn't he cute?" Harry asks, grinning to himself.

"Very." I say, chuckling a bit. I see the bear I got him is beside his body, which makes my heart warm softly.

Harry's phone starts buzzing, so he excuses himself for a bit.

So that leaves me and Jamie alone.

I take the time now to study his small face. Right now you can't tell who Jamie looks like because he looks like a regular newborn baby, but I can already tell he's going to look like Harry. I just have a gut feeling.

He starts crying, which makes me become uneasy. I look to the doorway and I don't see Harry there..

I look back to the crying baby and bite my lip. He's still sobbing, which makes me feel sad and guilty for not doing anything. I can't just let him cry because Harry isn't here, right? I lift up the small baby and cradle him in my arms comfortably. I rock him gently, and his crying slowly stops. He moves a little in my arms, then relaxes in my hold. His eyes look groggy and he just looks to where ever. 

I smile at Jamie softly and look to Harry who walks in. His eyes land on me and then they travel to his son. "He was crying," I explain. "I didn't want him to like sit in tears."

"No, you're fine," He says, moving closer to us. "You're good with babies huh? It took Wendy and I a couple of days to figure out which way to hold him without crying."

"I guess," I say. "I'm going to start unpacking the bags before the frozen stuff become unfrozen. He's very cute." I say while placing Jamie in his Father's arms.

I soon head downstairs and walk into the kitchen. I let out a deep breath and run my fingers through my hair.

I don't want to become attached easily. I have a habit of doing that, and it's not a good habit. Especially with a baby that isn't even mine.