33

Quinn POV

Staring at Wendy's pale face makes my head tilt and makes me look to Harry who has the same clueless expression written on his face.

"Sorry for interrupting." I find myself saying while snapping into reality.

"No you're fine," Wendy says while standing up from the dining room table. She runs her fingers through her blonde hair and glances to Harry who has his eyes glued on her. "I was just about to leave, really."

Harry stands up a few moments later and clears his throat. "I'll uh, walk you out." He says to Wendy who nods and begins to head to the door.

I move to the side awkwardly, not knowing why she was here or why they both look like they saw a ghost. As they leave the room, I sit down at the table and glance at the papers scattered across the table top.

All of the writing is too small and I don't want to snoop and find something I don't want to know.

I hear Harry's heavy footsteps come back to the dining room and I notice his eyes are tired looking. His hand tugs through his growing curls and his green eyes look at me.

"Everything alright?" I ask kindly. We make eye contact but he quickly looks away and just nods.

"Yep." He says, brushing off the fact that his ex was here only a few seconds ago.

Harry heads to the kitchen and I follow behind him. My arms hug around my body and he just stands in the room staring at the stove.

"She's pregnant isn't she?" I ask timidly. My heart is throbbing and my hands are becoming sweaty.

He doesn't answer nor turn around. He just stares straight ahead and tugs his hand through his hair.

When Harry turns around a few moments later, the answer to my question rests on his face.

I feel a wave of sickness hit me but I push down the lump in my throat. "Did she decide what she wants to do?" I manage to ask.

"She wants to keep it." Harry tells me. His words barely make a sentence by how muffled it is.

"I could've left so you guys can talk about everything." I say.

"I—I need space to think anyways. Y-You're fine." He says.

I nod, and remain silent. I don't know how I should feel or if I should even have feelings about this situation considering how Harry and I are like right now.

"Are you going to be there for the baby?" I ask.

"Yeah," Harry answers while looking into my eyes. I nod, not knowing that else to say or ask. "Where does this leave us?" He asks me.

"I don't know," I say. "Does Wendy even know that we're a semi thing?" 

"Semi thing?" His eyebrows furrow and a confused look goes on his face.

"Yeah, like, we're not an official thing--we've only been seeing each other for two-ish months." I begin to ramble trying to explain myself. 

"You act like you're just some random girl to me Quinn." Harry says tensely.

"You didn't even answer my question about if Wendy knows," I bring up. He remains silent by my words. "I guess I am just a random girl to you then." I mumble, but he hears me.

"I didn't really know when I should bring up the fact that I'm seeing you when she's talking about how she's pregnant with my child, excuse me." Harry says with widened eyes. 

Him saying those words cause my eyes to pinch. The fact that another girl is pregnant with his baby just hit me and I'm trying to push my feelings away.