19

Harry POV

"Who was that?" Wendy asked me as we walk back inside the warm house. Her voice is soft sounding but hinting.

"Old friend from high school." I say with slouching shoulders and a small smile. I rest my hand on her lower back as we walk into the kitchen. My Mother is making dinner and my Father is helping out.

"What took long with taking out the trash? I wanted you and Chris to do something for me." My Mom says while wiping her hands on her apron and turning around to face me.

"I bumped into someone." I answer while grabbing an apple. She smacks my hand away from the bowl, which makes me scoff.

"Dinner is nearly ready," Mom scolds. "And who was it?" Her voice is peppy which makes me roll my eyes.

"Honey the chicken needs to be turned." My Father says, butting in and thankfully changing the topic.

My attention goes to Lola who runs into the kitchen with her stuffed dog pressed against her chest. "Have a nice nap?" I ask my eight year old sister. Her hazel eyes look tired and her curly hair is messy.

"Yeah," She mumbles. Her head nuzzles into my hip and her eyes close. I chuckle my her actions and ruffle her hair. "Is dinner ready?" Lola asks.

"Almost dear." Our Mom answers. My youngest sibling nods against my side and soon walks away. The kitchen falls silent for a few moments until my parents start to speak. I look to my girlfriend who has her eyes on me. A gentle grin goes on her lips and she leans in and kisses my cheek.

I lean my head against her's and make small talk until dinner is ready.

My mind goes to Quinn and how much I wish I could explain to her what happened years ago.

Quinn POV

I sit in my office Friday night just staring around, hoping to find something to distract me.

All day I've been attempting to do designs for my new line, but I have no inspiration. I'm the only one in the building currently, which is very weird to me. It's so silent, it's scary.

I tap my pencil against my desk and twirl my hair around my fingertips with my empty hand.

Every once and a while I'll check my phone and see a notification from gmail informing me I have more emails that I've yet to open. Then I have messages from Derek asking if I'm done yet so I can go home. If I'm being honest he's one of the reasons why I'm here late.

I lean back in my chair after grabbing my phone. I scroll through my texts that I've yet to answer and look to the top when I see a new one. My heart starts racing by the contact name and my bottom lip goes between my teeth.

Harry: busy?

Me: no, what's up?

***

I sit at the bar with Harry, laughing as we take shots of alcohol. The more we drink, the less awkward it becomes between us. We started to make jokes about high school or when we were a couple and the funny moments that happened about it all.

All I know for sure is that I'm more tipsy than he is.

As the hours go on, the more free I feel. I haven't laughed this much in ages, and I haven't felt this carefree in a long time. Since starting my own clothing line, being with Derek, and overall becoming a new person, I forgot what it feels like to have fun and not care.

"Is your boyfriend gonna be mad that you're out with me?" Harry asks, toning down is laughter. We make quick eye contact that makes my pulse quicken.