2

Quinn POV

I sit in my office around lunch sketching out little dresses on my nearly filled desk calendar.

I tap my foot against the floor and use my empty hand to twirl my hair around my finger tip to ease my nerves about this morning with Derek.

I hear a small knock on my door, and stop my movements. I clear my throat and drop my pencil from my fingers and sit up more. "Come in!" I say in higher voice.

I soon see my door open and see my friend Kelsey walk in. Her hair is pinned up in a neat bun and a small grin is on her lips that are covered with red lip stick.

"Good afternoon boss." She remarks with a playful grin.

I chuckle by her words and tell her to sit down across from me so we can talk. "How are you?" I ask.

"I'm doing good, how about you? You're usually never here during your lunch." She brings up.

Usually I'm too busy to even have a lunch, but it's calmed down a bit since our last fashion show so my lunch's are now available.

Having my own fashion line has always been a dream of mine, but I never knew it would be my reality.

I called my company 'HQ' and I cater to men and women, sizes zero to twenty four.

My fashion line has been around for two years now, and we keep growing and growing, which is amazing.

The line I'm currently working on is lingerie for all sizes my company has. My goal is to have the same design for all 24 sizes. Most of my investors are bitching about it, saying I should have a separate tab on the website or have a different section in the store for sizes sixteen and above. I refuse that and if they want to drop me, I'll gladly have someone take their place in a heart beat.

"I'm doing okay." I respond to my friend with slouching shoulders.

"Is Derek having one of his moments again?" She asks me with a small chuckle.

When I started to date Derek a year and half ago, I didn't know his sister was my best friend until six months in. He wanted me to go to his parents house for dinner and she's sitting there at the table.

"His moments should be defined as his personality in general." I retort with a smile so she doesn't take is seriously, even though I mean every inch of what I said.

"Derek can be an ass sometimes, but he truly does have a big heart." Kelsey tells me with a grin.

"Yeah, I know." I say, agreeing. "Anyways, hows everything going with you and Santino?" I ask, changing the topic off of me and my love life.

"Pretty good," She says with a grin. Her blue eyes glisten a bit by the mention of his name. "We're going to dinner tonight actually. I'm excited considering how long it's been since we've gone out."

"I can relate." I say with a fake, joyful smile.

We spend the rest of our lunch bullshitting which is nice considering how I needed a break from work and my thoughts.

***

Derek didn't show up to dinner, which my Father made a comment about.

When I got home it was nine o'clock. Two hours past the time I was given by my boyfriend.

I walk into our shared bedroom and find him standing up taking off his dress coat like he just got home.

"Hello," He says while looking over at me. His eyes look happy and his voice matches the expression drawn on his face. "How was dinner?"

"Good," I answer. "How was your night?" I ask.

"Tiring. Lots and lots of paperwork." Derek says with shrugging shoulders and a sigh.

He's a lawyer if I didn't mention. It kind of explains his cockiness sometimes.

"Oh," I answer. At least this excuse of his for not going was semi valid. "Did you eat?"

"I had some leftover kale and chicken at the office that I brought." He says while walking over to me. His arms wrap around my waist firmly, and he plants his lips to my cheek and forehead. "I'm sorry for how I treated you this morning." Derek says to me in a lowered voice.

My eyebrow raises by his sentence. "You are?" I ask. I'm honestly taken back by him saying this. He usually never says "I'm sorry" and always says "I'm make up for it".

"I am. I should only treat you with respect, and I'm sorry for not giving you it this morning." His fingers intertwine with mine and a small smile goes on his pale looking lips.

"Okay." I reply timidly.

"I love you." My boyfriend says with soft eyes and a gentle expression.

"Love you too." I say back. I kiss his cheek and head off to the bathroom for a shower that is way needed right now.

A://N

Hello!!

Comment?? Vote??

I hope you guys are excited for the next chapter (:

~lauren