8

Quinn POV {past}

It's been a hectic first year of college.

I've had a crisis about my major at least once a week these past four months, and I've been trying not to break down about what I want to do with my life. I know I have a while until I have to officially decide, but it's killing me that I have no idea to what I want to do anymore. 

Usually the only person who could calm me down is Harry, but he's not with me right now. 

Speaking of Harry, I haven't spoken to Harry in a few months now.

The last time he emailed me was about four months ago and it was him saying he's not going to have internet for a while. 

I thought a while was two weeks. 

But I was wrong. 

I try to not worry too much about him because it only causes me stress and anxiety. I just have to have faith in him and his ability to not get killed. 

I walk out into my living room and find my roommate Kelsey and a female sitting on the couch talking with wide smiles and laughter. Their conversation falls silent when they see me walk in, which makes my face heat intensely. "I'm sorry for interrupting." I say before turning my heel to head back to my room. 

"No, you're fine Quinn. This is my sister Megan. She's just visiting." Kelsey informs me before I was about to walk away.

Her sister just nods at me with a smile smile. Her hair is a light brown and her eyes look brown. I exchange the friendly smile back to her sister who looks to be in her early twenties.

"Is she staying the night?" I ask my roommate.

"At her hotel, yes." She says.

My eyebrows furrow by her answer. "She could've stayed here. The couch turns into a bed you know." I inform Kelsey with a chuckle.

"I didn't know if you would've been okay with it." Kelsey says to me.

I glance to Megan who looks a bit uncomfortable by talking about if she could've stayed here or not. Of course I wouldn't have cared. It's her sister. "Yep, it's fine. Anyways, I'll let you both get back to your family time. Nice meeting you Megan." I say before excusing myself.

"You too." She says with a simple grin. 

A few moments later I head back to my bedroom to grab my car keys. I want to get out of the apartment for a while. I should be studying but I don't feel like giving myself a headache right now with all the tests I have tomorrow.

***

I sit at the park near campus around three o'clock.

I usually come here to get my mind off of things or just to get fresh air without going so far from home. Back in Pennsylvania I used to go on the hilltop to just relax for a bit and get my mind off of things. Now, this is my spot. It's not as great as my old hide out, but it will do for the next three years.  

"Seat taken?" I hear someone ask kindly. 

My eyes glance beside me and I see a male with brown eyes and a gentle grin. He has a coffee in his hand and looks to be in his mid twenties. 

"No, not at all." I move my purse to the other side of my body and move a bit so the stranger can sit beside me on the bench. 

My eyes look back at the lake I was staring at. The weather is nice; not too cold but not too hot. It feels just right. 

"Are you from here?" The nameless male asks me. I glance over to the person sitting beside me and shake my head.

"No, I'm not. Are you?" I ask.

"I'm from New York," The male tells me. "But I go to college here." He adds.

"Same, what college?" I ask curiously.

"I don't know if you'd consider it a college, but I go to Michigan Law School," He says. "Yourself?"

"Harvard." I say casually, hoping he doesn't assume I'm a stuck up bitch.

"My sister goes there. Congrats," He says with a smile that causes his eyes to crinkle slightly. "I'm Derek." His hand extends out toward mine.

"Quinn." I shake his hand politely. 

"It's very nice to meet you Quinn." Derek tells me while making eye contact with me.

"It's nice to meet you too." I say back to the person I just met.

After this we spend what feels like hours just talking until it gets dark. It felt nice to speak to someone and have a mindless conversation about random things. 

When we left the park we didn't exchange numbers or anything. We just said "see you around" which I hope is the case. He was nice to talk too.

A://N

small chapter whoops

if this gets 50 comments i'll update again today :)

~lauren