42

Quinn POV

I wake up to my face lying in drool.

I lift up my head quickly and groan in disgust. At least I feel like I got some sleep even though I didn't fall asleep until three a.m.

My eyes look to Harry's side of the bed, and I see it's empty. Reality hits me, and my heart pinches. I sit up and let out a deep breath. I reach for my phone resting on my night stand and see missed texts from Harry.

I open our chat and start reading.

6:00 a.m

Harry: hey are you okay?

6:30 a.m

Harry: My mom told me she saw you ,, i was kinda hoping you'd go with her to the hospital I wanted you to be here

8:00 a.m

Harry: I realize my ^ other texts you aren't gonna read until you wake up, but when you read this, please know I'd love you to come here to meet him

8:30 a.m

Harry: i love you xx

I check the time and see it's ten a.m now. I rub my tired eyes and start typing.

Me: good morning, sorry i just woke up

Harry: good morning , sleep okay?

Me: meh

Me: how are you guys?

Harry: great

Harry: i'd be even better if you were here

Me: i didn't know if you wanted me there so i played it safe

Harry: of course i want you here

Me: i'll hop in the shower and be there by like 11:30? just tell me the room number and floor

Harry: okay :) i love you

Me: i love you too

***

I get to the hospital a little past 11:30.

I felt weird not showing up with something, so I got a decent sized bear for their son that I've yet to know the name of. I also got a card.

Harry told me the room number was 112. When I walk past the window of Wendy's room, my eyes land on her laying in bed. A baby is in her arms and an older couple is standing to the right of her. I assume that's her parents, they look nice.

Their eyes are on the little boy sleeping in her arms. Across the room is Harry's parents and next to Wendy, sitting, is Harry. They all look happy and smiley. I bite my lower lip and look away with stinging eyes.

I can't do it.

I walk over to the nurses station and tell them to drop off the bear and card to Wendy and Harry when they have a chance. The kind woman nods, and I leave.

I couldn't walk in there with Wendy's parents. I wouldn't. I would feel like I'm ruining a family picture.

I sit in my car and rest my head on my stirring wheel. My eyes prick with tears.

I feel like a fucking homewrecker right now.

Harry POV

As time goes on, the more I question Quinn's lack of presence. She hasn't even texted me besides when she said she was on her way two hours ago.