48

Harry POV

I arrive to the hospital, frantically looking for Wendy. My eyes scan the waiting room, and I soon see her standing  by a corner with a small side table. I walk over to her body and see her blue eyes look up at me.

I can see she was crying by the redness in her eyes and the tears stained on her flushed cheeks. I hug her body, allowing her to cry into me. I stroke her hair, hoping to calm her down. "What happened?" I ask through a whisper. 

Her head detaches from my chest, and Wendy looks up at me. "I-I was ab-about to change him, a-and I put him o-on the ch-changing table. I-I heard my ph-phone in th-the other room and went to g-get it, not th-thinking. And wh-when I come back he's on the floor c-crying wit-with a bloody n-nose. I didn't think he'd roll off Harry." 

Thinking of the height he fell at, makes me sick. The thought of him falling that high makes me want to cry. Not to mention she has wooden floors.

She begins to sob again, making my heart ache. I pull her into my chest again and rest my chin on the top of her head. I stroke her lower back and close my eyes slowly. "Where did they take him?" I ask.

"To ch-check out his head a-and nose." Wendy says. I nod, and continue to hold her against me to calm her down. 

***

After an hour of waiting, they allowed us to a room so the Doctor can tell us what's wrong with Jamie, if there is anything wrong.

I sit on the hospital bed, holding my son. I kiss his cheek and the top of his head. Having the relief that he's still alive, settles my nerves. 

Wendy is sitting beside me, holding her son's hand and kissing him every once and a while. "You guys got lucky. No concussion, no nose fracture. He's a healthy little dude. His nose may just be swollen for a few days, but other than that, he's good to go." 

I close my eyes in relief and hold Jamie against me more. 

A few moments later the Doctor gives us discharge papers and tells us to give them to the nurse at the desk out front. I look to Wendy who is staring at Jamie. "Can you take him tonight?" She asks me.

"Are you sure? It's your night." I say, looking at my ex who looks sad.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I need time to settle down, a-and I know he'll be in good hands with you." Wendy explains, looking at me. She leans in and kisses Jamie's cheek and squeezes my hand. 

I don't argue her logic, I just agree. 

***

When I get home, I hear the TV on in the living room. 

I walk over to where I hear the noise, and I see Quinn watching TV. Her hazel eyes look over at me, but they stay at Jamie. She stands from the couch and tilts her head. "What happened to his nose?" She asks, frowning.

I explain to her what Wendy told me, and she becomes more sad looking. Quinn takes Jamie from my hold and she kisses his cheek and holds him protectively. "Is he okay?" She asks me.

"Yeah, thankfully." I say with a small sigh. 

"Why isn't he with his Mama then?" She says in a baby voice that makes me laugh and smile.

"She wanted him to be with me tonight, just so she can calm down. I don't mind, I wish I saw him more anyways." I say with a small sigh.

I keep my eyes on Quinn who has her eyes on Jamie. Just seeing her interact with him only makes me wish that she was actually his Mom just for the fact I know she'd be an amazing Mother. 

"Well, I ordered pizza, if you're still hungry. Do you know if he's hungry, or if he got fed?" Quinn asks, walking to the kitchen.

"Uh, I'd just give him something small then I'll put him to bed in a few minutes." I say, rubbing my eyes. 

"Sounds like a plan." She hums. 

I sit at the island and just watch Quinn and Jamie. At least seeing them together made my night, unlike seeing him in the hospital earlier.

A://N

holaaaa

comment? vote?

tysm for reading!