20

Quinn POV

Derek didn't say anything when I came home. He just gave me this look.

His eyes were dark looking and his facial expression looks like he wanted to scream at me for coming home at midnight when I said ten tops. "Are you drunk?" He asks me.

"Maybe." I say under my breath in a slight slur. I end up giggling by my own actions.

"Why are you laughing? This isn't funny. Getting drunk on a work night isn't funny Quinn." Derek snaps. His hand runs over his brown hair and he just shrugs his shoulders in disappointment.

"I'll be in bed." I say, rolling my tired eyes and starting for the stairs. I really don't need to be treated like a child for staying out and having fun for once.

"Who was the guy you were with?" He calls behind me.

I ignore his question, playing it off like I didn't hear him, when I just don't want to answer. I walk into my bedroom and plop myself down on the mattress. I throw off my heels and tiredly try to take off my clothes that are uncomfortable to sleep in.

I manage to take off my pencil skirt and unbutton my top. I bring the covers to my chin and screw my eyes shut.

As I'm falling asleep I think about Harry and how I wish I was in his arms right now.

***

I wake up to my alarm ringing loudly.

My head darts off the pillow and I groan loudly by the sound. I turn it off and sigh. My head is throbbing and my mouth feels dry.

My eyes look to the bedroom door opening and my heart begins to race. I see Derek fixing his hair before work. "Morning." He greets, glancing over me like I'm nothing.

"Morning." I say, running my hand over my face. My throat feels numb nearly and my eyes feel dry. Overall I feel like shit, which I expected.

"Are you going to work today?" My boyfriend asks while looking at me.

"Probably not." I say honestly. I can whip up some designs here if I need too and do some emails as well. 

Derek sighs while rolling his brown eyes at me. "Make dinner then, yeah? I'm tired of calling the cook to make dinner."

"She's the cook for a reason." I bring up in a tense voice. I retie my hair and let out a deep breath. This conversation is giving me more of a headache than just waking up with a hangover.

"Yeah well if you're just staying home, you might as well do something productive." Derek says while leaving the bedroom.

My eyes widen by his sentence and I get out of bed. I put on clothes that don't me look trashy, as well as taking off my makeup from the night before.

I head into the kitchen and see him drinking a water while scrolling through his phone casually. I hate that he doesn't mind the way he speaks to me. "Why are you always a dick to me?" I ask Derek who glares up at me.

"You're just too sensitive." He answers. His eyes look back down to his phone and he begins to type away.

"Who are you texting?" I ask him.

"A person." He mumbles.

"Can you pay attention to me for once? We're having a conversation." I state angrily.

"I gotta go to work anyways so," He locks his iPhone and slips it into his jacket pocket. "See you tonight."

I don't reply, I just stare at Derek who I really want to throat punch. He walks around the island, grabbing his things. He leans near me to grab his brief case. "Clean the bathrooms today as well."