53

Quinn POV

"Jamie hurry up!" I call from the foyer. Harry and I are waiting to leave. Today we're going over Anne's house for a family dinner.

"I'm coming!" The little boy replies back within a muffle.

James shows up at the top of the steps with a small bow tie and his stuffed bear in his arm pit. My heart explodes by how adorable he looks with his bow tie. My eyes look to Harry who is grinning as well.

My Father is out of town with his girlfriend, so I won't be saying hello to him as we're at Anne's for once. Harry also told me Gemma's fiance will be joining us, and he's excited to meet his sisters soon to be husband. 

"How long is the ride?" He asks.

"Thirty-ish minutes bud." Harry answers while ruffling his brown curls. The little boy pouts and rests his head on my thigh. Harry pecks my lips and opens the front door so we can get on the road. Maybe for once we'll be on time.

~

Evan was the first who greeted us at the door with a warm smile and tight hugs when we showed up. 

Chris greeted his older brother with a handshake and gives me a side hug. His girlfriend, Jessica, introduces herself to us with a soft, nervous grin. She's very pretty and looks sweet by the small time I spoke to her. My eyes look at her shirt and I notice the familiar design that I drew. I smile to myself and say hello to Anne who is in the kitchen.

Jamie is clinging to his Father's side, so I say hello to her on my own. I spot her by the stove talking to Des and they both look happy. She's wearing her usual apron and her hair is pulled into a messy bun. Since Alyssa passed family dinners haven't been often.

She turns around and lays her eyes on me. She smiles widely and walks over to me for a hug. Her hold is tight and she speaks. "I'm so glad you dragged my son to come." She says jokingly, making me grin.

"No problem," I say with a snicker. "How are you doing?" I ask Anne with a grin.

"I'm doing good," She says with a sad look. The death of Alyssa still affects everyone till this day, but over time she's getting better. She's starting to look like the old Anne over time, which is refreshing. "How are you dear?"

"I'm good," I say honestly. "Do you need help at all?"

"No, I'm good. I'm almost done," Anne tells me. "I'm excited for everyone to meet Gemma's fiance. Everyone will love him." She beams.

"You've met him?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrow. I thought no one met him yet.

Both Des and Anne nod. "He's a very polite man." Des says, chiming in with an assuring nod.

"Good, I'm glad. She deserves a nice guy." I say while leaning against the counter. 

Their eyes travel to Jamie who walks in with Harry. His grandmother scoops him into her arms and he giggles. I smile while watching them. Harry greets his Father with a hug and says hello to his Mother who is too busy with her grandchild.

I leave them be for a moment and head to the front door. I left my purse in the car and want to get it just in case. As I open the door, a body tries to step in and I walk into them. "I'm sorry." I say instantly as I realized what happened. 

"You're fine." The voice says. The voice causes shivers up my spine and my eyes to pinch. I look at the person in the door way and see it's Derek, my ex.

His eyes are on me, and my eyes are on him. His face flushes and he looks embarrassed. We don't speak because Gemma walks in, throwing her arms over me. "I'm so glad to see you!" She says to me. "This is my fiance Derek." She introduces.

I'm fucked.

A://N

as promised, a double update :)

tysm for reading!! 

comment? vote?

~lauren