25

Harry POV

I'm home on Friday night watching a movie with Wendy. 

Every few minutes I check my phone to hopefully see a text from Quinn, but I never do. I haven't spoken to her since Tuesday, and I'm starting to get worried about not hearing from her. I text her every morning but I don't get a response. 

"Who are you waiting for a text for?" Wendy asks me. 

I snap back into reality and look to my girlfriend who has her soft blue eyes on me. "Quinn." I answer. 

"Why?" She asks curiously. Her head rests on the couch and her eyes look a bit tired.

"I haven't heard from her since Tuesday." I say while locking my phone and putting it on the end table so I don't keep looking.

"Maybe she's busy." My girlfriend comes up with. 

"I know," I say. "But she usually texts me on her lunch break and she hasn't." I add.

"Everyday?" She questions.

"Most of the time, unless she has meetings or something." I explain briefly. 

"Have you called her?" Wendy asks.

"Last night I did," I reply. "I shouldn't worry, right?" I ask.

"I mean, you know her better than I do. If she's not answering you, do you think it's because she's busy?" 

I let her words sink into me and I tap my foot against the carpet floor under my feet. "Good point." I say. 

"I'll be here all week." Wendy jokes, making me snicker and smile. 

"Would it be weird if I stop by her house?" I ask.

"It's only weird if you make it weird." She tells me. 

I lean in and kiss her cheek before walking to our shared bedroom to grab my shoes, wallet, and keys. Stopping by for a few minutes won't be bad. 

I just want to know if she's okay.

***

When I pull up to Quinn's Fathers house, I see her car is in the drive way, which is good because I didn't drive here for nothing then.

As I get out of my car, a familiar voice startles me. "Whatcha doing in town?" I hear my Mom ask. 

I jump a little by her voice and rest my hand on my heart. "Thanks for scaring me Mom." I say while looking to her. She's standing on the porch with her robe rapped around her body and slippers on her feet. She's leaning against the side of the balcony and is looking at me with a greedy smile. 

"You know, I've seen you more in town this past month then I have in the past six years." She brings up.

"Okay?" I question with narrowed eyes. 

I see her smirk from where I am, which causes me to roll my eyes. "Anyone in particular you're here for?" 

"Don't make this weird." I say while leaning against my car.

"I'm not," She scoffs with a snicker. "You're the one making this weird." 

"Why aren't you in bed? Don't you work tomorrow?" I ask, changing the topic.

"Why aren't you home? Don't you have a girlfriend?" My Mom questions me back. 

"Yes, I do. I just wanted to check on Quinn since she hasn't been answering me the past few days." I explain. 

Her head shakes by my words and I see her shrug her shoulders. "Leave the poor girl alone honey." My Mother's words cause my eyebrows to furrow.

"What?" I ask, confused by what she means.

"Leave her alone." My Mom repeats. Her voice is more slow and drawn out, which irritates me.

"Why? We're friends." I defend. There is nothing wrong with seeing a friend, I don't know why I get shit for it.

"Friends wouldn't drive 35 minutes, at ten o'clock at night, to check up on them. Especially if they were a couple before they were friends." She explains to me.

"Stop making this weird Mom," I scold. "We haven't dated in six years." 

I hear her sigh loudly by my words. "Whatever you say darling. You're an adult now, right? Have a wonderful night. I'll be up for a while if you wanted to talk." She hums sweetly.

She soon walks back inside the house and I look to Quinn's and see her bedroom light is still on. I walk up to the porch and when I'm about to knock, I stop.

I drop my hand down to my side and just stare at the door. I turn around and face the street. It's dark out and the lack of light is slowly hurting my eyes. 

What am I doing here? 

I close my eyes and release a deep breath and tug my hand through my hair. 

I sit on the porch step and rest my head in my hands. I start to think about everything and why I care so much about a friend that I've been thinking too much about. She's been the only person on my mind lately and it's becoming overwhelming and stressful. 

I don't even know what I want anymore. 

Without thinking I stand up and ring her door bell. My bottom lip goes between my teeth and my fingers drum along my sides. 

Soon the wooden door is pulled open with Quinn behind it. Her brown hair is pulled into a messy bun and she's wearing her glasses. "Oh, hello." Quinn says kindly.

"I love you." I say blurt out without thinking. 

A://N

holaaaaaaaaa

cliffhanger or what? haha ;))

comment? vote?

ty all for reading :)

~lauren