31

Quinn POV {two months later}

"Are you sure you'll be okay living on your own?" My Father asks as we walk around my new condo. It's two bedroom and is very spacious.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I assure my Dad with a soft smile. The condo is a half an hour from my Dad's house and fifteen minutes from my work building.

"Okay," He says while letting out a deep breath. "My phone will always be on, and you can come over anytime."

I told him two weeks ago about Derek and how he's been abusive towards me. Since then he's been more protective over me and always offers to go with me somewhere. Even if I go on a small walk around the neighborhood, he still offers to walk with me. I think it's sweet, but I don't want him to start to worry about me too much.

"Okay," I say to my Dad who has a small smile on his lips. "Don't you have a meeting to go to soon?" I ask while checking my phone. It's nearly five and his meeting is at five thirty.

"Yeah," He says while shrugging his shoulders. "Text me when you get to the house, okay? Or if something comes up let me know."

"I will." I say.

He kisses my cheek before leaving my new condo that I can't wait to move into. When I hear the front door shut, I let the silence set in.

I'm looking forward to decorating this place and filling it up with my furniture. I might get a dog as well because I've always wanted a dog. But I want to settle into my new home before getting a dog.

Thinking about getting a dog makes me all happy because I can do so much with him or her. I can also make him or her clothes, which makes me giddy as well.

After lurking around my condo, and taking everything in, my door bell rings. I walk over to my door and pull it back slowly to see Harry behind it.

"Hello." I greet him with a friendly smile. I open the door wider for his body to fit.

"Hi," Harry says while leaning down to kiss my forehead. "Did you already sign the papers to the condo?"

"I did this morning." I say with a grin.

"And you had your Dad look over it, right?" He asks.

"Yes." I say.

"Okay, just making sure the realtor didn't screw you over." Harry says with a soft smile.

"And if she was, I'd know because my job is in the business world," I say with a hum and smug grin. "Anyways, ready to go out?" I ask.

"I am," He says while taking my hand in his. "Are you spending the night with me?"

"At your apartment?" I question.

"Yes, what's wrong with my apartment?" Harry asks with a chuckle. We leave my condo after I lock up. We start walking to his car parked a distance away in the condo. My Dad and I carpooled here since Harry said he was going to meet me here after work and we'd drive together to our date.

"Nothing," I say. "I just didn't know if you wanted to spend the night at my Dad's house or your apartment." I explain.

"I mean, I have a place and we'd be by ourselves." Harry says while looking into my eyes.

"I kinda find it weird to sleep in the bed you and Wendy slept in." I admit with a scrunched up face. Harry snickers by my words.

"We can sleep in the guest room." He offers. We stop at his car and he stands in front of me. I lean my back against his black car and just stare at him.