1. What Is It With You?

Mandy’s POV

I walked to the front of the church, trying to think of what to say before I got there. I stood in front of Alex and Joey’s family while they all just stared at me.

“You can all go home, there won’t be a wedding here today.” Fast and simple. I walked to the back of the church where Spencer, Tal, and Carey were standing.

“What happened?” Carey asked.

I smiled. “She’s gone.”

“And Benji?” He asked.

“He’s gone too.”

“Quit being cryptic! Did they leave together?” Spencer asked.

I shook my head. “No, but this was what we wanted, she isn’t marrying Joey and now Benji has a chance.”

Spencer nodded in agreement.

“So what now?” Carey asked.

I shrugged. “I don’t know. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.”

Benji’s POV

I walked up and down the stairs at Joel’s house repeating the same question out loud. “Did she marry him?” Alex had kicked me out of the room when Tal peaked in to let her know Joey was on his way there and now I had no idea what had happened in there.

I ran my hands through my hair. “Did she marry him?” I asked again.

“I didn’t marry him.” I turned around halfway up the staircase and there she stood in her wedding dress, with tears in her eyes.

I ran down the steps and wrapped my arms around her, I kissed her and I could feel her crying more now.

I pulled away and put my forehead against hers. “Alex, what’s wrong?” I asked concerned.

She turned away from me and wiped her tears. “I left him because it isn’t fair to him that I still love you, but that doesn’t mean that we can be together.”

I just stood there not knowing what to say to that. She kissed me and walked out the door. I sat on the stairs and decided not to go after her this time, I knew Alex well enough and she needed time to process things to herself. I would talk to her tomorrow.

Alex’s POV

I got in my car and drove off to Huntington, I needed to really think about all of this and I knew that Benji wouldn’t look for me at our place until I was ready. My suitcases were sitting in the passenger seat, Jimmy had taken them out of the limo that was supposed to be taking me and Joey to the airport.

I felt horrible inside for leaving him, but in the end I knew this was the best decision I could make.

Flashback

“Hey Lex, you ready to go?” Joey said walking in with his eyes covered.

I fixed my make up quickly before responding. “You can look Joey, its okay.”

He dropped his hands and smiled. “You look beautiful.”

I didn’t smile or respond to the compliment, I just led him to the couch.

His smile fell. “You’re not walking down that aisle, are you?” He asked with so much sadness in his eyes.

I shook my head, now letting the tears fall freely in front of him. “I can’t marry you because I still love Benji and it wouldn’t be fair to you for me to walk down that aisle.”

He stood up and headed to the door without saying anything.

“Joey…” He stopped, but didn’t look at me.