Two

Callie POV

Callie- okay, here it is

I carried a birthday cake out to the backyard, everyone was here to celebrate Colleen's second Birthday. Brandon held Colleen and the rest of the family gathered around the picnic table. I sat the cake down and everyone began singing happy Birthday, I stood back and snapped pictures of Colleen attempting to blow out the candles. We cut the cake and Colleen opened her presents, afterwards I went inside to start cleaning up dishes in the kitchen.

Brandon- hey, I didn't want to say anything in front of everyone but.. has the doctor called yet?

Callie- yeah..

Brandon- and..

Callie- I'm supposed to go in Monday to get the results

Brandon- they want you to come in, that can't be good right.. I mean if it was nothing they would have just told you over the phone..

Callie- lets not worry about it right now, I don't wanna ruin Colleen's Birthday

Brandon POV

After the party ended we cleaned up and I collapsed on the couch. Callie came down the stairs and sat down next to me.

Brandon- is she asleep?

Callie- yeah, I didn't even have to read her a story..she was so tired from the party she went right to sleep

Brandon- you seem pretty tired too..

Callie- I'm fine

Brandon- you always say that, even when your not fine..

Callie- can you believe shes two years old already?

Brandon- I know.. shes growing up so fast

Callie- kind of makes you think about having another baby..

Callie leaned in and kissed me.

Brandon- lets make sure your healthy before we start talking about that again..

Callie- I'm fine.. just a little tired lately

Callie curled up next to me, resting her head on my shoulder.

Brandon- you know, we've done pretty good.. considering where  we started, but we made it.. here together, we have good jobs a nice house, a beautiful daughter.. and each other, you know that? Callie?

I looked down and saw Callie was fast asleep next to me. I smiled and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. She looked so beautiful, I quickly flashed back to the first time I had seen her that night at the kitchen table. I picked her up to carry her upstairs, she was partly awake when I moved her but still tried to pretend she was asleep so I would carry her up to bed.