Ben Cook ~ Christmas {Alternate endings}

My life has become a nightmare-
Ben, where are you?
Why can't you come back?
Why can't I find you?
Come back Ben come back-
I need you-
Come back-  

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. I whipped my head to the front door, wondering who would visit me when everybody was with their families, celebrating and having fun. I got up from my position and walked to the door, brushing my fingers through my hair to straighten it as I walked. I smoothed down my shirt once I reached the door, then took a deep breath and opened the door.

And who else was standing there but the very one who broke my heart-
The very one who left me-
What are you doing here-
I thought you didn't like me-
I thought you had your girlfriend to spend your time with-

"Ben." I said with no emotion in my voice. I crossed my arms over my chest. "I thought you had a girlfriend to be happy with."

Ben winced. "Yeah. Look. I'm sorry. I-"

"'Sorry'?! Ben, I think you've been a bit late with that. You should have come to apologize years ago. Not now." I snapped back at him.

"(Y/N)! Just listen! I made a mistake! I realize that now. I realize that I'm wrong--was wrong." he cried. "I want to apologize for that! I want you back in my life!"

I froze for a second, not believing what he said.
But he seemed genuine when he said that-
But I can't get my heart broken again-
Something tells me that won't happen again-

I shook my head. "I'm sorry, Ben. But I can't let my heart get broken again."

Ben's eyes widened in shock, and he looked hurt. He turned away, took a deep breath, then turned back to me. I saw that tears were threatening to fall.

"Okay. I understand." he said sadly. He turned around and began to descend the front steps, but I stopped him.

"Wait!" I called out, going after him.

He turned around again, and I walked over to him. I hugged him tightly, breathing in his scent one last time. He hesitated before slowly wrapping his arms around me and hugging me back. I pulled away sadly with tears in my eyes. 

"I'm sorry it has to be like this, Ben. But....we're still friends?" I said.

He smiled sadly and nodded. "We're still friends." he agreed.

OR....

I froze for a second, not believing what he said.
But he seemed genuine when he said that-
But I can't get my heart broken again-
Something tells me that won't happen again-  

I pulled Ben into a kiss, not caring what the other voices in my head were telling me. His arms went around my waist, and hung loosely there until I pulled away. He cupped my face, smiling happily with tears in his eyes and streaming down his face. He pulled me in for another hug, and I closed my eyes and rested my head on his chest, breathing in deeply.

"I'm sorry." I heard him whisper. "But I promise that I'll make it up to you."

Sorry it took so long, but I hope you guys enjoyed it! Maybe comment to see which one was your favorite? Or if you'd like another ending?