Jack Wilder ~ Stealing Stuff {Part 2}

I shook my head. "D'you really think I would have your watch? What makes you think somebody else didn't steal it?"

"Because you shook my hand and no one else did."

"But somebody else could have stolen it when you didn't notice." I tried again.

"No. You definitely stole my watch." Jack growled, leaning forward. Our noses were practically touching. "So, If you please, give it ba--"

I interrupted him by leaning my head forward and kissing him. He seemed surprised at first, but then moved his arm from my neck, letting me down. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and when I tried pulling away, he pulled me closer to him.

When I finally did pull away, Jack's face was red. I smirked, then handed him his watch.

"You wouldn't shut up." I said, shrugging.

Jack chuckled nervously. "Um, could I get your number?"

I slyly smiled. "Are you sure you don't have it already?" I joked, opening the door and pushing him out into the hallway. Jack checked his pockets, and I closed the door while he was searching. 

"Bye!" Jack called through the door.

Smiling, I uncurled my hand to reveal a deck of cards I was palming. 
And I counted down-
Three-
Two-
One-

Another furious knock was heard. I quickly walked to my apartment window, opened it up, climbed out, then closed it behind me. I walked down the fire escape stairs silently and quickly, hoping that Jack would get stuck trying to pick the lock. (It wasn't even a real lock. The real lock was actually at the top of the door frame. And no, I'm not going to tell you how it works, 'cause somebody is bound to find this and tell Jack. Or Jack himself stumbles upon this and figures it out.)

I reach the bottom of the fire escape, which is in an alley, and go to the big dumpster at the end of the alley. I shove it aside then pull aside a small trapdoor and slip myself inside, pulling the dump back in front of the small doorway.

I slide down and down and down-
Down into blackness-
And down to my escape.