Enjolras ~ Protector (Part 1)

What a beautiful boi  (◡‿◡✿)

Female reader, although it's not specified until later whoops

~~~

"What was I supposed to do, let the mortal die?" I screamed at the Elders. "He was going to get shot!"

The Elders shook their head disapprovingly. "I am afraid it is against the law to interfere with mortal affairs, especially if it meant causing a large catastrophe such as the one you made! It is a crime punishable by banishment!"

"I am begging you, Elders! The mortal was about to get killed. KILLED! He had a gun held at his head at point blank range and you just sit idly by, letting death happen as if there were more mortals to take their place! Me setting the wagon on fire and pushing it towards town was necessary in keeping him alive!"

I froze, quickly covering my mouth. Crap.

"Oh, so is that how you feel?" the middle Elder drawled, a scheming smirk on his old, wrinkly face. "I'll have you know, they have wonderful lives down in the afterlife. Besides, why do you care so much? You're not a part of the Guardian Angel Division anyway."

"I may not be a part of the G.A.D., but isn't it every angel's job to look out for others and direct them towards the good? You were an angel once, O Elder. You started at the bottom once! You started as scum from the bottom, just like the rest of us and you've made your way to the top! Isn't it about time you changed the old laws anyway?"

"Did you call me 'scum' ?" the middle Elder asked me, leaning forward.

"No, that's not--" I began, but was drowned out by the angels whispering in the room and cut off the the three Elders.

"SILENCE!" they boomed, silencing the small chatter about my comment. Then the middle one looked at me, his conniving grin still on his face. Oh, if I could just smack it off--

"Well if you feel so strongly towards them, perhaps you should spend your time there." he said, deathly calm. My eyes widened.

"What?!"

"You heard what I said, (Y/N)." he replied. "You should spend your time there. I mean, you're rarely ever seen around the angel realm anyway, so what's the difference? Besides, you're getting too big-mouthed. Maybe some banishment for a time could fix you right up."

I shook my head. "No, Elder. With all due respect, I think you should consider my words and maybe keep a flexible mind in the law."

He scowled at me, peering at me through his beady eyes. "I am sorry, but we remain firm in our decision."

"All not in favor of banishment, you have 10 seconds to speak up now."

10...

Come on, come on!

9...

Somebody?

8...

Anybody?

7...

Stupid angel laws.

6...

If I ever get to the top, I'm going to do something about those laws.

5...

Somebody speak up!

4...

Please!

3...

Anyone!

2...

Help!