Henry Turner ~ I Don't Fall In Love

Quick note before we start: There may or may not be a part 2 to the previous Henry Turner one-shot (You're Different), depending on how many people want me to continue it. Comment; I want to know your thoughts on if I should continue it or not. Thank you!

"You're a no-good, lying, back-stabbing, conniving traitor!" I screamed, throwing a knife at my now ex, Jackson. I couldn't believe him. I trusted him with my life!

He had asked me why I had a sword by my side at all times, and I simply answered the question. I had told him that I were a pirate, a pirate in the crew under the command of the notorious Jack Sparrow, something that I had kept from him. I thought I imagined his eyes went ablaze for a split second, then went back to normal a moment later, and a grin spread across his face. But alas, I had not imagined the flames in his eyes.

He dodged it and gave me a look of indifference. "Dear (Y/N). I never thought that you would.....actually believe me and my heartless words."

"Well, I don't now. And I've learned my lesson, so I thank you for that." I snapped back, throwing another knife at him. It impaled itself in his arm, and he cried out in pain. He gingerly yanked it out of his arm, examining the blade covered in his blood.

"I think we know now where our loyalties lie." he said, still looking at the knife I had thrown.

In the blink of an eye, the knife had impaled itself on the span of wall next to me, only mere centimeters from my head. Jackson had a sword in his hand, outstretched in my direction. I pulled out my sword from its scabbard, prepared to duel Jackson if it came to be.

"You would not dare to duel me, filthy pirate." he spat out.

I gave him a lopsided grin. "You underestimate my abilities, Jacky-boy." I replied, using the nickname I had given him while we were together.

(Please forgive me if you notice something--or many things--wrong with this scene. I don't know anything about sword fighting, so I apologize in advance.)
Jackson scowled and thrust his sword forward. I parried his blow and feinted to the left, then jabbed at his right. He anticipated this move and blocked my sword, then twisted it out of my grasp. Snarling, I pulled out my two daggers in my each of my boots and lunged at Jackson. He thrust his sword out and it caught me in my face. He slashed downward and slashed my face, making a wound that went from a couple inches below my left eye and ended at my jaw on the right side of my face.

I cried out in pain as the sword was drawn back and gingerly dabbed the sleeve of my shirt on the wound. It was stained bright red, and the sight of it made me angrier. With newfound vigor and strength, I ran at Jackson and aimed the one dagger at his heart. I threw the other at him, which again, he dodged. The outstretched blade reached its destination, and Jackson fell to the ground, his eyes lifeless.

I exhaled a breath that I didn't know I had been holding and wiped the blade on his shirt, then collected the other one from the wall. I ran out of the building and into the night and into the darkness.

~~~

5 years later...

The account with Jackson had changed me, made me a different person. I no longer fell head-over-heels for any handsome or brave or kind man I saw. No, I didn't fall in love. I don't fall in love. Not anymore. I also no longer had a grin on my face. I had a permanent scowl etched onto my face ever since that incident.

The account also earned me a new nickname for me among the crew I had traveled with for so many years. The wound Jackson had given me scarred over, earning me the nickname Slash.

My scar, combined with my scowl, made sure that no one messed with me, or spoke to me, unless they 1)knew me, 2)knew it was urgent, or 3)were an idiot.

Unless of course, you were Henry Turner.

~~~

Henry was a special case. He had bumped into me while running somewhere, and I had pushed him up against the nearest wall, dagger aimed at his neck. But once I saw his expression and the urgency in his eyes, I let him down, and he brushed himself off. I thought I saw a slight blush creep onto his cheeks.

"What's got you in such a hurry?" I asked. No, I wasn't imagining it. The blush was definitely there.

"Well, uh...the soldiers are after me." he replied sheepishly.

"Ooohh. Tough situation, boy." I said, sheathing my dagger. "Tell ya what. I'll bring you to a place where you can hide, then once the coast is clear, you can leave. Savvy?"

The boy nodded, and I gestured for him to follow me.

We walked through the streets, keeping to the shadows to avoid the sun and the soldiers. We had to duck into alleys to avoid soldiers a couple times. Well, more like I ducked into alleys and dragged a boy after me.

"So, what's your name, boy?" I asked him once we had ducked into what seemed to be the 50th alley as we waited for soldiers to pass by.

"Henry. Henry Turner."

"All right, Henry. Nice ta meet ya. I'm Slash. You can tell where I got that from." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Don't you have a real name?" Henry wondered.

My scowl deepened. "Yeah, but I don't use it."

And that was the end of that conversation.

Suddenly, another group of soldiers headed in our direction and I quickly pulled Henry towards me by his collar. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him, hoping that he would play along. Out of the corner of my eye, I kept an eye on the soldiers as they made their way through, and eventually out of sight.

Once I was sure they were gone, I pushed Henry away. He was a deep red now, and I was pretty sure his blush wouldn't be going away anytime soon.

"What was that?" He almost sounded a bit angry, but really, he was more shocked than mad.

I shrugged. "The soldiers were coming. I had to do something."

"Oh. Do you think I could--"

I glared at him. "No."