Sky Flaherty ~ Don't Cry

(Y/N/N) - your nickname

I was so excited. Sky was coming home for Christmas, and he was supposed to be here tomorrow. I'd pick him up at the airport, and he'd spend the following week with me before going back on the Newsies tour.

My phone rang and I picked it up, seeing how Sky was calling.

"Hey, Skybelle!" I cheerfully said. I stood by the window, looking down at the cars below.

"Hey, (Y/N/N). How have you been?"

"Okay, but better now cause you're coming tomorrow!"

"Oh, uh, about that. I may or may not be coming home tomorrow."

"WHAT?! But...you said...."

"I know, I know. But Jeff wanted us to stay back and rehearse a part; something about changing the way we do stuff in that part."

"And you need a week to do that." I replied sarcastically.

Sky sighed. "I know. It's ridiculous."

I felt a tear slip from my eye. I sniffled a little, but held the phone away from me so Sky wouldn't hear.

"Awww, don't cry, (Y/N). I'll find a way to come home."

"Yeah, you--wait, how do you know I'm crying?"

Sky chuckled, then said, "Turn around."

I turned around, and I was met with Sky holding his phone to his ear with a grin on his face.

I gasped and my phone fell from my hand. My hands covered my mouth, and after my eyes registered what they were seeing, I ran towards Sky and hugged him tightly as if there was no tomorrow.

"You had me sad for a moment." I said, resting my head on Sky's chest.

"I'm sorry, babe. I wanted to surprise you." Sky replied.

I pulled away and whacked his arm. "Well, you did your job."

"Owww....." he muttered while cradling his arm. "I was gonna wish you a Merry Christmas, but...I'm having second thoughts now....." 

I hugged Sky again with a smile on my face. "Merry Christmas, Sky."

"Merry Christmas, (Y/N)." he replied softly, kissing the top of my head.