Ben Cook ~ Spill the Beans

Requested by MadamCephas

~~~

Ben and I had been close friends since we were little kindergarteners. We did everything together, often getting into lots of mischief. Me mostly, because Ben was a sort of timid child. But he got a bit bolder as he got older.

He also got a career in the world of Broadway when he got older too. He was currently on Mean Girls, and I was traveling up to meet him. He had a show tonight, and I was going to surprise him.

~~~

Stagedooring was especially fun, seeing how I could surprise Ben. And surprise Ben I did. Even though I was introverted and anxious of big crowds, it was worth the wait.

"Shelly? What-?" Ben exclaimed. "I thought you were back home!"

I laughed. "I decided to surprise you! And, I wouldn't want to miss a great show with my best friend in it either."

Ben gave me a big hug, and we could've stayed like that for the rest of the night. But Ben had many more fans to see, and I understood that. I would wait for him as long as I needed to.

"Hey, Shelly. I'm going to a party later. Wanna come?" Ben asked me as we pulled away.

My eyes widened in surprise. "Really? But I would't know anyone!"

Ben dismissed my comment. "Don't worry. I'll introduce you to everyone."

I nodded. "Okay then. When should I meet you?"

"How about come with me to backstage? You can meet some of the girls now, and you'll have some more people to talk to at the party." Ben offered.

Yet again, I was shocked. But hey, I'm not passing up the chance to take a free backstage tour.

"Sure! Where should I wait for you?"

"Er...wait by the backstage door. I'll come meet you when I'm finished. It shouldn't take too long."

I nodded and broke away from the line, making my way towards the backstage door. I sat by the door, hoping that no one would find me here.

~~~

Ben greeted me later, and boy were the people friendly. I have never known any other people so outgoing and close. 

"You're coming to the party, right?" Ashely asked me. "It'd be really sad if you didn't. We just met you and all."

"Yeah. Ben invited me. It'd be kinda rude to turn someone down, ya know?"

Ashley nodded in understanding. "Cool! I'll see you later, then?"

"Yep! See you later!"

Ben came out as Ashley left, and put his arm around me. "Shall we, milady?"

I grinned. "We shall."

~~~

Not that the party was a bit overwhelming, but it was a bit overwhelming. I think my social awkwardness had something to do with it. I excused myself from the conversation I was in currently and stepped out onto the balcony of the apartment I was at. I took a deep breath of the night air, filled with scents of anything, as per usual. Ben followed me out, giving me a small smile.

"Hey. It's been a while since we've been able to catch up with each other." he remarked.

"Yeah. It's certainly been a long time. How's the theatre life?" I replied.

"Not bad. I've had lots of shows. They're really fun and distract me from my thoughts, which is great if they're annoying and persistent thoughts."

"Cool." Darn my awkward self. The best response I can come up with is "cool"? 

"Whatcha been thinking about?" I ask him, being curious.

"Uh, remembering lines, important dates, you--" he froze and immediately stopped talking when he realized what he said.

"Er...I'm...wow." was all I managed. I guess Ben really missed us hanging out together.

Ben lowered his head. "Forget I said anything. It wasn't important anyway."

I looked at him in disbelief. He likes me now? Okay. "It seemed pretty important from the way you said it."

"Ben, look at me." He slowly turned to face me. His eyes were pleading with me to drop the matter. Bro, I ain't gonna drop this until it's resolved. Holding it in will just make it worse.

"Ben. Listen to me. I like you too, okay? I have since we met." I told him. Okay, awkward self. Don't act up now. Act natural.

"So..." Ben trailed, looking awkward. "Would you want to be my girlfriend?"

I smiled, a bigger smile than I had had in a long time. "Yes, Ben. Of course I would."

I kissed him, a bold move for a socially awkward person like me on my part, but frankly, I was happy that I did that. Ben returned the kiss, wrapping his arms around me. It seemed as if everything had gone quiet and faded away. When we pulled away, we were breathless. 

"Wish I had said that sooner." Ben remarked with a chuckle.

I agreed and rested my head on his chest, watching the lights on the streets flickering in the distance.

Hope you enjoyed! Tell me if anything needs to be changed! :)