Thor ~ Don't Be A Hero (Part 1)

That IW scene where he's holding the star open but the reader is added into the scene. The scene has also been altered.

Female reader who is an mutant Avenger just so happens to have super strength and a super smart brain (that's probably not a superpower but pfft okay) and can fly. Yes, that is super stupid but bear with me bc that's what i think is needed in here. Besides, it's fanfiction. Who said fanfiction needed to be realistic? ;)

Warning: some cussing

~~~

The moment we flew into Nidavellir, something seemed off. Everything was dark, not the usual bright hustle-and-bustle it contained that I heard in stories. We were the only thing moving in the dreary place. I hadn't been here before, but I was pretty sure that stuff was supposed to be moving, not sitting still and collecting space dust.

"Something's not right." Thor remarked. "The star's gone off."

"And the rings are frozen." I added. "They should be moving, shouldn't they?" I continued, looking to Thor for confirmation. He nodded and I sighed, frowning at the misfortune.

We landed on one of the still rings with a loud 'thud', the metal surrounding us broken and destroyed. Something big had come here. Ten bucks it's Thanos.

"I hope these dwarves are better at forging than they are at cleaning." Rocket's voice echoed as we stepped off the ship and made our way to what formerly seemed to be a control panel. I looked up at the vast expanse of broken material, examining how well it was constructed, even when some mysterious force (even if it was Thanos) came in and destroyed half the place. Small pockets of light shone through the top here and there, illuminating scattered areas everywhere.

"Maybe they realized they lived in a junk pile in the middle of space." 

"The forge hasn't gone dark in centuries." Thor muttered. 

"You said Thanos had a gauntlet, right?" Rocket turned to Thor. I whipped around, wondering where this would go.

"Yes....why?"

"It look anything like that?" Rocket gestured to a model on a pedestal, remarkably the same as Thanos's.

"Well shit. Someone done gone and messed up." I facepalmed.

"I am Groot." 

The mood suddenly changed in Thor. He hurriedly turned around while telling us to head back to the pod. But before any of us could move, a huge figure suddenly came at us out of nowhere and kicked Thor across the panel.

"Thor!" I cried out, running towards him. The figure had kicked Rocket and Groot some feet away from us.

"Thor, come on, up you get." My words were rushed. I might've had super strength, but that didn't mean I could take on--what seemed to be--a giant alone! I helped Thor up, but was kicked away before I could do anything else.

My back hit a wall and I felt a sharp pain shoot up my spine to my head. As I lay groaning on the floor, I saw the giant figure move to beat Thor into oblivion.

"Eitri, wait!" Thor cried. "STOP! Stop!"

Ohhhh, Eitri must've been one of the dwarves.

I pushed myself up off the ground, ignoring the pain flashing up my arms. I tugged Rocket and Groot up onto their feet, wincing when Eitri yelled.

"You were supposed to protect us!" He sounded....distraught. Tired. "Asgard was supposed to protect us!"

"Asgard is destroyed." I stepped forward. Eitri looked half surprised, half defeated. Asgard was supposed to be a great place, and instead, it was burned to a crisp, right down to its foundation, like Thor told me.