Colin Ford ~ Running to You

"He's not right for you! All he ever does is study!" my mom yelled at me.

"And the fact that his family can barely afford to send him to school and pay for the bills at the same time!" my dad added from the T.V. room.

"Just because Colin is a great guy doesn't mean he's the right guy." my mom concluded, putting a hand on my shoulder reassuringly.

I scowled at her. "That's why you and dad aren't happy!" I screamed at her.

She seemed taken aback. "What?"

"You heard me! You and dad aren't happy with each other because you only married for his money!"

I glared at my dad, who was now coming from the T.V. room. "And you!" I pointed an accusing finger at him. "You only married mom because she was compliant! Those are the only reasons you married each other and the only reasons why you think Colin and I aren't right for each other!"

My parents gasped.

"Young lady, you have got much more to learn than just boys and fun!" my mother screeched. "Colin is not right for you, and you need to get that through your thick skull!"

I screeched in frustration. "You don't get it, do you? Day after day, you force me to do nothing but work!" I was near tears now. "When will my life begin?" I muttered, feeling a tear slip down my cheek.

"Aww, dear, it's for your own good." my mom said with a tad bit of sympathy in her voice. She tried putting a reassuring hand on me.

"Don't touch me." I snapped at her, slapping her hand away.

~~~

I came into school the next day, trying to keep a mask up. I didn't want to put up with it anymore. I couldn't put up with it anymore. But I did, pushing my way through it. I felt a heavy weight on me wherever I went.

I had just grabbed my last book and closed my locker when I felt myself being hugged from behind. I tried laughing, but I just dropped my books and cried, burying my face into Colin's chest. His arms instantly wrapped around me protectively, and I heard him tell off a few people who were staring.

"Do you want to talk about this later?" he asked me gently.

I nodded, wishing the world I was in could've been a different one. I had to tell him sometime. If I didn't he'd weasel it out of me or someone else once he got too suspicious.

~~~

Colin ran up to me after school as I was leaving the building, grabbing my backpack handle and gently yanking me backwards.

"We need to talk?" he prompted as he matched my step.

"Right." I huffed. "So, er...I don't know how to break this to you gently."

Colin looked somewhat hurt, but nodded to show he was listening.

"I'm not supposed to be with you anymore." I blurted, grimacing after I said it.

Colin looked thoroughly surprised, stopping all movement. "So you're--you're...breaking up with me?"

I felt tears roll down my face. "I'm not saying that..."

"But you are." Colin said. He sounded so heartbroken, and I wished I could make it all go away, but my parents would skin me alive if they found out Colin was still around. And like Colin, they'd find a way to weasel the information out of me.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized, trying to keep my voice even.

"Yeah, whatever." he said, waving a hand dismissively. He gave me one last look before running off to catch his bus home.

"I guess that was goodbye." I muttered to myself, letting the rest of my tears fall and not caring who saw.

I came home with a tear-stained face. My parents didn't question it, only a knowing look from my dad and an approving look from my mom. They tried to talk to me, but I only said one, "Shut up." before any form of conversation started, and they left me alone.

~~~

It had been a few months without Colin around. Three months of crying. Three months of not doing anything I liked anymore. Three months of grades dropping. My parents yelled at me day after day, but I didn't care anymore. I just nodded along and tried my best to focus, but Colin was the only thing on my mind.

I was driving to school one day, and my mom came with me to settle some paperwork with the principal. As soon as I parked my car and stepped out with my mom following me, I saw Colin walking into school with his head hung low, a few of his friends trying to console him. Some girls had devious grins on their faces, and now that I was out of the picture, they were free to make their moves.

Unless...

I just lost it at that point. I ditched my mom at my car, and ran straight to Colin. Everyone was looking, but I didn't care. I ran to him anyway.

I yanked Colin back with so much force that I was afraid we would fall back from the force I used and our momentum, but Colin had fast reflexes and quickly stepped back, steadying us. He looked surprised and hurt to see me as he stood up again.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing?" he snapped.

A small grin appeared on my face. "What I should have done instead of breaking up with you."

And so I stood on my tip-toes, putting a hand on the back of his neck and pulling him down for a kiss, which he immediately returned.

When I pulled away, Colin's melancholy exterior was gone and his bright smile was back. I grinned back, and took his hand.

"I'm sorry for breaking your heart." I muttered quietly as I ducked my head. "I wish I hadn't let my parents get to me."

Colin put a finger under my chin and gently lifted my head. "As long as you would come back to me, I would be fine. And you did, so everything's fine."

He kissed me again and we finally walked inside, me not caring what my mom's reaction was. I was done listening to her dumb rants about how to live my life.

Oh wow, three updates in one day! How exciting.

So I'm working on the second part of Christmas Doll, stay tuned for that.

Oh and my laptop isn't turning on, so you techies out there, if y'all know what to do, pls halp. Time sensitive question.