attention

warnings: none, fluff.

I laid on the couch, looking through stuff on my phone.
Futurama was on the TV, but I wasn't really paying attention. I scrolled down the screen, reading intently, and as I was squinting to read some fine print the phone was snatched from my fingertips. The sudden movement and void of object in my grasp startled me.
I gasped and tried to grab it, but Remington stood before me with wild grin on his face.

His tight black T-shirt, dark grey track-pants that hung teasingly low, and his wild hair greeted me.

He put the phone on the far corner of the table and sat beside me on the couch. He must've been bored, lonely or cold.
"Really?" I asked him, a little bit annoyed.
"Yep." He stated matter of factly.
He turned the light off and laid on top of me with his back between my thighs, his head on my chest. I was stiff and confused.
"Ohokay, So I gotta stop everything I'm doing because you want attention?"
"Yes ma'am." He said and turned his head upward completely so I could see his face. His dark chocolate eyes looked up into mine with such fascination.

He was so pretty.
I sighed a little, I let my arms drop. I guess this was happening now. Not that I minded, or it was a big deal, but I was not getting up anytime soon.

Remington turned the volume up a little louder and took my hands. My hands were so cold in his. He kissed my knuckles and put them between his hands. Blowing warm air on them and trying to heat them up.

I finally relaxed underneath him and sunk/ settled into the couch a bit more. He took in a deep breath, evidently smelling my shirt. He took a deep breath out with a pleased sigh.
I let one of my hands fall on his chest, to which he put his hand larger on top of mine.
My other was running through his hair. The strands of his impossibly black hair passing through my fingertips. His body radiating heat onto mine making me feel safe and warm.

I ran my hand through his spiky black hair for a while. I felt him laugh at the TV every now and then, but I wasn't even really listening, I was so focused on him, I totally forgot Futurama was even on. His laugh made my heart flip and flutter ridiculously.
He smelled like shampoo and cologne. I took a deep breath in and I felt him snuggle into me more.
- - -

"I feel like I'd be good friends with Bender." He said.
"Yeah?" I asked with a small laugh.
"Actually, you kinda remind me of him." His voice was soft.
"Is this your way of calling me a douche?" I snorted a little still amused by his thought process.
"HA, nononono. No- you two are both really smart, you're funny, creative, witty and charming."

Thankgod he couldn't see the deep blush on my face. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him to me. "You're something else aren't you??" I smiled.
He shuffled gently grabbing a blanket, he covered us with it and snuggled into me.
He practically bear-hugged my waist. And buried his into the crook of my neck right above my heartbeat.
I pet his hair gently and felt him breathe against my body. The warmth that fell off his skin, mine absorbed it like a dry sponge sucking up water.

I could feel his heart beat slow down to a hum.
He had fallen asleep on me.

I cuddled up to him and fell asleep in his embrace.

xxx