jump

Warnings: none, heights?
Based on the cliff jumping in Royale television.
____________________________

A towel was wrapped around my waist from the front and I was yanked backwards, I had no time to yell or even prepare myself for what was about to come.
Instead of hitting the ground or something hard, I collided with Remington's bare chest. My back flying into him. He pulled it tight keeping me close. "Holy hell." I breathed, my heart was racing. I could feel him smiling. "Are you ready yet?" He asked me. I pulled the towel from me and spun around.

I took it from his fingers and arched an eyebrow. "Once you get a towel for yourself, then yes. I'm ready." I dared. And he shook his head in disapproval. "Smooth Y/N, smooth." He poked, and walked away from me to get himself another towel. His swimming trunks sat dangerously low on his hips. I spun around before I blushed even harder. I put the towel around my waist, my black bathing suit was ready for action.
We were going boating today after a few days of warped tour.  And I was really excited.

Remington came back with another towel after I'd stolen his and he linked my arm. "You look really good." He said walking us out to the dock. "I'm not too comfortable-" I said referring to my insecurity. "You have nothing to be worried about- if anyone stares at you for longer than I like, I'll knock em out." He hummed and I felt a blush on my cheeks. "I don't mean that..." I said. "Trust me Y/N, you're amazing, your body is... perfect." He only hesitated so he could look me up and down with a smirk. I pushed him a little. "No I'm serious. You're literal perfection." He said grabbing at my hand and interlocking our fingers."I love you." I smiled.

We were stood on the dock and everyone was hopping on the boat. Emerson offered me a hand and I stepped from the wood onto the boat. I smiled at him and sat beside him while we waited for everyone to get on. "Are you gonna jump off the cliff?" He said to me, and I fixed his hat on his head. Taking his sunglasses from his hand. "Only if you do it." I said while putting them on.

He scrunched up his face. "Maybe." He said. "Maybe?" Sebastian butted in. "You're definitely doing it, Dan is making me do it. So I'm making you do it, which means Y/N has to do it." He said.

And in unison Emerson and both said sarcastically "Thanks Dan." We looked at each other and laughed.
Remington got on the boat, sat beside me and took Emerson's glasses from my face, and put them on. "You're gonna jump?" He asked me. "She looks better with them." Emerson said sipping his beer with a shrug. Remington frowned. "I know." He sighed. "Yeah I'm thinking about it." I said, and he put a hand on my leg. "You don't have to if you don't want to." Rem said carefully. And I arched an eyebrow at him.

Dan cleared his throat dramatically. "Uh- I think the fuck not." He said. And we laughed. "Are you calling me a pussy?" I dared him, and Remington was taken back. He threw his arms up and left us. The boat then took off.
"I don't think you'll do it." Dan said, and I glared at him. "I'll be the first to do it." I fired and he looked impressed. "Rem your girlfriend's got guts, has she even seen the cliff?" Dan asked. And I stood up. I walked right up to him. "Have you?" I asked him with a smirk. And Dan put his hands up in defence. "Alright, everyone! If Y/N makes the first jump, no hesitation, we all gotta go." Dan announced and I took a sip of his drink. "Deal" I said raising it up in the air. Everyone cheered. I gave it back to him and sat down with Emerson again. Dan kept making faces at me that I couldn't help but laugh at, he still thought I was too chicken.

Once we reached the cliff and I was in the boat looking up at it I felt the pit in my stomach drop. But my ego grabbed Sebastian and dove into the water with him. We began swimming to the cliff.
"Oh shit!" Dan called out and him and Remington followed us.

"You're somethin special aren't you?" Sebastian asked me with a smile as he pulled me up onto the rocks.
We climbed the hill together. "Aren't we all?" I asked him as I began climbing as fast as I could.

Remington began laughing. "That's my girl." He called out. "Luis! Get your camera, I wanna use this as blackmail." Dan called. I could see Luis run to the side of the boat. The doubt only fuelled me more. Once we all reached the top. I didn't dare look down. "Are you ready?" Luis called and I held up a thumbs up.
Remington had his mouth open wide like he still didn't believe I was gonna do it.

I flashed him a grin and ran, I let my bare feet hit the rock as I ran towards the drop. "Oh shit, she's actually doing it." I heard one say. I I jumped and felt gravity kick in, but before I disappeared from their sight and I flipped off dan with a smile and blew Remington a kiss and braced myself for the impact.

I could hear cheering and wind whipping past me, my heart climbed into my throat and I hit the water.
The cold water bubbled around me and pushed myself to the top. I could hear clapping and cheering. My smile was unmovable. "Suck on that!" I called and swam out of the way. Remington, then Dan, then Sebastian jumped in after me.

"Not bad." Dan high fived me once we got back onto the rocks again. "I wanna do it again." I breathed and Remington flashed me a grin. He pushed my hair behind my ear, kissed my cheek, grabbed my hand and practically dragged me back up the hill.

We raced each other to the top and without hesitation we grabbed each others hands and jumped together. I felt the wind push my hair back and Remington grabbed me and we hugged each other as we hit the water.

We came back up laughing. "If your friends ever jumped off a cliff- would you?" He laughed. "Always." I replied.