confidence

warnings: none.

Emerson had gotten a new hammock for the backyard. He wanted to "live his best Pirate life" and it was on sale.
"Y/N you need to try this thing, I just crashed on it for an hour." He grabbed my wrist, and pulled me into the backyard. From the kitchen counter Remington looked up from his phone and gave us a questioning look. I just shrugged in his direction.

He stated at us for a little, I couldn't help but get nervous.
E v e r y o n e knew that Remington was hot as hell, and it he didn't have to do much to get me flustered, it honestly wasn't fair. I could feel my cheeks heat up in no time. Emerson was talking to me and he stopped himself. I was too busy thinking to really pay attention to what he was saying.

"Y/N?" He asked me with a teasing voice, he had a wild smirk on his face. I felt my face get even hotter. "Sorry I zoned out, what were you saying." I said. He held my hand now and we were stopped in the grass.
"You like Rem, don't you?" he asked with a smile on his face, his not so curly hair blew in the wind a bit. "What- no- I-I just-" I didn't know what to say, was it that obvious?

He pulled me a little closer to him. "You totally do." He teased me quietly. Our voice dropped to a quiet whisper. He looked up and over my shoulder. I turned to his direction and in the back door of the top deck, Remington snapped his head back to his phone. He was looking at us. "I won't tell him, but- come on, it's mutual obviously." Em flashed me his white teeth and cute smile.
I looked down with a contagious smile on my face too.
"You gotta fell him yknow" he said he spun me around like we were dancing. I shrugged. "I don't know." I said with a blush plastered on my face.

Emerson put his sunglasses on. He gave me a look. "Mutual Y/N. Mutual." He said with a small smirk. He let go of my hand and pushed me towards the hammock. He picked me a flower and gave it to me. He winked at me before walking away.

I laughed a little, I let out a deep breath I didn't realize I was holding in. It was like my lungs were saying "oh fuck." I sat down on the hammock and ran my hands through my hair. I swung and picked the petals off the flower until they were all gone. I looked up from my empty flower and another one, a bigger, brighter, prettier one was in front of me. In Remington's hand. He tucked it behind my ear. "How's the hammock?" He asked me with a smirk.
I looked up at him. I scooted over and patted it to tell him to sit.

He did as told and we sat side by side because of gravity. "You looked so sad down here picking petals sitting here by yourself." He said and pointed to the flower petals around me. I laughed a little. "It's a good thinking place." I said and I looked up into the trees above us. "What're you thinking about?" he said casually draping an arm around me for stability.

I shrugged a little. "Mutual." Emerson's voice echoed in my head. And I said it. With no second thoughts

"You."

His muscles tensed beside me, he wasn't expecting that kind of answer. His lips curled into a smirk. "Should I be concerned?" He asked me. "I think you know exactly how you should be." I quirked an eyebrow.

I wasn't sure where this confidence was coming from, but I wasn't mad at it. I let it completely take hold of me and fuel me.

"Then forgive me if I'm wrong but- I should be kissing you right now." He said with a smug smile on his face. And I looked fully at him now. I cupped his face in my hands and I pressed my lips to his, my heart hurt and exploded in my chest, it melted down my skeleton as he didn't hesitate to kiss me back.

When I pulled away we both had crazy grins on our faces, I looked away but he pulled me back in and we kissed again. I felt like I would melt in his hands.
We could hear Emerson screaming inside the house. He cheered and hollered. Our laughing broke the kiss. And without planning we both raised our middle fingers to him in unison.
He tackled me in the hammock with small gentle kisses. I laid beside him, literally pressed up against his warm body.

"I think I might have a crush on you." I said like I wasn't totally sure as a joke. Even though I was 100% sure I did. He replied in the same fake-questioning tone as me.

"Hmm. Well, aren't I lucky? I'm pretty sure it's mutual."