fan

warnings: none.

My bestfriend AJ had just left my house. I had showered and cleaned, but not really gotten dressed, I wore my silk robe and my hair was wet and crazy looking. We had been listening to Palaye Royale and had a bit of a messy dance party.

My hair air-dried, as I tidied up. I'd met Palaye a few times and had been a fan for so long. I hummed 'White' under my breath as I put juice back in my fridge. I saw a jar of Nutella in the back of my fridge. I furrowed my brows and grabbed it. It had a note on the back of it. "Don't kill me for this- love you long time: AJ."
I sighed and looked at the container a little longer. Kill her? what was Nutella gonna do? I closed my fridge door and it fell from my fingertips.

My eyes traced the unbelievable figure that stood in my kitchen. Dark jeans, dark hoodie, wild hair and no makeup. Remington Leith leaned against the wall of my kitchen. I giggled a little thinking I was hallucinating. I began to laugh. I picked up the Nutella and blinked my eyes hard, rubbing my face a little. But he was till there. He had an amused smile on his face.

I put the Nutella down and slowly walked over to him. The faint smell of cologne fell from him. I carefully put my hand on his chest, and when I realized that he was a solid and didn't disappear I practically stumbled back. "Holy shit." I breathed and he laughed. "Hi Y/N." he smiled at me. I covered my face in embarrassment. "Wow- Hi-uhm- big fan- did AJ do this- uh do you want tea?" I stumbled my words and blurted out. He laughed again. "Yes and don't fuss." "It's not problem- I uhm- I just- wow." I said and he bit his lip hard holding in more laughs. "It's all good, comere." He said and opened his arms.

My mouth fell slack and I gave him a soft hug. "How did- Why would? But I- you're so- I cant- oh my god- you're hot." I blurted out and he looked more than entertained.
"You're pretty hot too." He said and I coughed on the air I was breathing. I turned on my kettle.
"How did she do this?" I asked. "Well- we've met a few times." He pointed between me and him and felt my knees get weak, he remembered. "And she told me about some master scheme that she had, I think she figured I'd laugh it off but how could I pass on someone as pretty as you?, I really just wanted you to know how much your support means to me." He shrugged like what he just said didn't make my life 400x better and more complicated than it was about 10 minutes ago.

My hand was kinda shaky when I poured water into the mugs. I processed what he said. "How much did she pay you?" I asked him and he seemed taken back. "Pay me? love- I just wanna get to know you." He said.
"You can't just come into my house looking like that, tell me A) that you know who I am B) think I'm pretty and C) thank me? Cause I'm the one that should be thanking you. To be honest I'm just shocked that I haven't passed out yet." I said and I put the tea bags into the water. He laughed a beautiful laugh and I handed him the mug. "Wow- thankyou." He smiled, and my heart melted.

"Oh wow- yeah you can't do that to people." I mumbled running a nervous hand through my hair.
"Do what?" He asked turning his head to the side. "Look that hot." I frowned a little to myself. "Please Y/N, you're not even trying- and I'm starting to get nervous." He laughed into his mug and I practically spit out my tea.

"You!? Nervous?! Me?! I look like a fuckin dead person." I breathed, trying to remain calm.
"Hottest dead person I've ever laid eyes on- how about- you put on clothes and I take you out for lunch?" He asked and I put my mug down. I started to feel dizzy. He laughed a little and put out a hand before I fell over. "I'd like that very much." I smiled at him, and he laughed again.

"You okay?" He asked me as I steadied myself. "Yeah- just fine thank you- I'm gonna kill AJ." I nodded to myself and placed a hand on the counter. "AHAH! Don't stress, I'm trying not to intimidate you" he said sincerely an almost apologetic look on his face.. I nodded and smiled at him. "You good now?" He asked me. "I wouldn't mind helping you get dressed if you're really still this discombobulated." He arched a brow with a smirk and I took a deep breath. Remington Leith was flirting with me.
"Aha, very funny." I said sarcastically. And walked around my island and into my bedroom. "Gimme like 5 minutes." I said and he gave me a thumbs up.
As soon as I closed my door I threw myself at my bed and screamed into my pillows.

I could hear him laughing. I collected myself, and put on some black skinny jeans, a lacy long sleeve and perfume before I opened my door again.
Rem was leaning against the wall on his phone. He looked up at me and his mouth fell. "Wow." He breathed and I took in a shaky breath as he looked me up and down.
"Ready?" He asked me. "Fuck- I mean- I guess so." I told him and he smiled at me.

"I'm trying not to make you nervous, but I'm also kinda freaking out right now- so I think this will be fine." He said. And I couldn't help but laugh.
We left my house and walked down the sidewalk. "How did AJ contact you?" I asked him. "Correct me if I'm wrong but we've met about- 4 times?" He asked and I nodded in awe. "And each time she would tell us how much you cared and loved us- and you were too nervous to admit all of it yourself, and after the last time she suggested I surprise you. And I told her I'd take you out for lunch or something- we exchanged numbers that day and it just kinda went uphill from there." He admitted and my eyes must've been as wide as saucers.

I tried to find words to speak but just couldn't. I closed my mouth again and lifted a shaky hand up to my face and pushed my hair behind my ear. He smiled softly and offered me his hand, I slowly put mine in his and he held it carefully. "I'm really trying not to freak out too- if that makes you feel better?" He said and we both laughed.
"It does actually- thank you for all of this." I said and he squeezed my hand a little. "It's my pleasure really- I've been so excited for this." He said. And with his hand in mine I did start to feel a little calmer.

We sat down in a small diner and he basically asked me questions about my life because I already kinda knew about his- as weird as that was. I asked him about tour and shows, and we made jokes. Laughing with each other and definitely making the people around us unhappy. After about 10 minutes I'd already felt more comfortable. He made me laugh like it was second nature. He was so calm and down to earth and everything he said was so genuine.

"I hope we can do this again." He said. "I'd like that." I told him and he smiled.
"Maybe I could be your date to AJ's so called- funeral?" He suggested and I flashed him my genuine smile.

"I'd be honoured."