breakdown

Warnings: mental institution, blood, stress, anxiety filled, kinda depressing
Sorry I haven't been updating, I've got no requests AND my phone shattered, and I'm writing this on my 16 y/o brothers iPhone 5s a downgrade from my iPhone XS, my messages aren't really sending but whatever.
Rip to my phone, can we get an f in the chat?
This is based on the nervous breakdown video.
_______________________________________

The beautiful boy with the spiked blonde hair smiled at me, him and I were both new to this place, this prison.
As if you could trap my mind with four walls- if anything that makes us more crazy, but he smirked at me,
What was his name again?
Reggie? Remmy? REMINGTON!
His brother Emerson and I used to be friends before we got moved, separated.
We were both fairly new, but before they took Emerson from me- we had overheard the guards talking they said "we knew too much" that we were "gonna be Warhol Stars" whatever the fuck that meant.

I glanced at Rem, His eyes hovered over me for a second longer than I was comfortable with, one of the guards with longer curly brown hair pushed him out of the room, and I sat eating my lunch alone, like usual, now that my Emerson was gone.
Screams of people I hoped I didn't know could be heard from down the hall, my hospital gown was a sickening white that was so crisp it was almost blue.
Leisel was slowly plucking people out, they didn't think we would notice, but we did.

People were disappearing, one of my buddies Sebastian kept telling me that the doctor was brainwashing them, "cleansing them" but the scary part was that there was no order, if you lashed out or not. They just picked at random, keeping all of us on edge as to who it would be next.
I ran my hands through my hair and over my face, I pushed myself up from my seat and off to my room. Keeping my hands in close and my head down.
I fell asleep for a while. No dreams this time, not recently at least. My life was becoming a big nervous breakdown, with periods of feeling nothing in between.

Nothing, less than numb. And that was even scarier than breaking down, because I never knew how long they would last. When I would be able to feel again, feel anything, pain, fear, sadness, hope, a n y t h i n g
The guard that pushed Remington out of the room, he walked by my door, and I woke up out of instinct. He looked at me, he looked sad. His name tag read "curcio" he looked at me with pained eyes but then disappeared. I ran to the small window on my locked door, banged on it a little to try and get his attention.
"Who are you?" I called after him, knowing he wouldn't answer. But he stopped. He came back over to me. "No one", he spoke through the door. I looked at his hazel eyes. Liar.
"Remington, where is he? Did the doctor take him?" I spoke with a bland voice.
He simply looked down not answering my question.
I heard a click, but before I could investigate, he walked away. I could hear ringing in my ears, distant screaming and crying of a girl.
I pushed the door in anger, slamming my hands on it. I punched the cement wall and my hand stung, not as bad as I thought it would though, but when the blood dropped from my knuckles I was a little shocked.
It didn't hurt as much as it should've. I was going numb again.

Once the doctor takes a victim, IF they come back, they never come back the same. It's almost like they're scared to talk or breathe. It's heartbreaking, seeing people you once knew, be terrified of you- even though you've done nothing wrong. Like they're scared to remember you.

When I took my hands off the door, it creaked open towards me, I felt my muscles relax, and I realized that I'd been tense since lunch. The absence of tense-ness allowed the calm to sink in. Another phase of numbness began washing over me, and the pain of my bleeding fist faded away, the blood dripping from my fingers of one of my probably broken fingers.
Curcio. He unlocked my door.
I poked my head out the door looking for any person that could see me. I was too calm, I was too relaxed. I walked down the hallway, knowing damn well I could be put in the "void", the room with no light, a black box, people would go crazy in there even if it was only a few hours, they swore they could hear things in there with them. Things that would make a sane person shudder.

I saw Curcio pass down the far hallway, I ducked below the thin window slits and ran through the hallway, my bare feet made no sound on the concrete. Once reaching the hall I followed Curcio, I looked behind me, no one.
Smoke erupting from a room to the right of me. Remington practically caught me before I ran further, a group of men arguing in the room before me. He wrapped his arm around my waist and one over my mouth, he pulled me into a smaller dark hallway, my back to his chest as I caught my breath,
He held me tight, looking at my bloody fist. he spun me around and I saw his hair was now black, dark dark dark,
He had blood on his face, on his gown, he pressed a finger to his lips, and we sunk deeper into the hallway. He grabbed my hand carefully and put it to his face, he was cold. I felt my eyes water at the sight of us.
Three, four, five, nine, twelve guards all running past our hallway with guns, they ran into the smoke, not seeing us.
Once they had passed a boy in a striped shirt I recognized immediately as Emerson snuck into the hallway.
He grabbed my hands and hugged me tight, I could feel him shivering, shuddering,

Not because he was cold.

I practically whispered into his shoulder. "You're okay." I told him.
Sebastian and Curico snuck into our hallway and they began to lead us outwards, Sebastian smiled at Remington and I, his wrists red from ties, it made me frown.

Remington grabbed my hand, he pulled me out of the dark hall,
I went first, sneaking into a thin room, the floor creaked, and a large swirled design was written in red on the far wall, the floor felt unstable, but within the design was a door, and light leaked from around it.

The outside.

I stepped carefully on the floor but it creaked in a way that I didn't like and my foot went through the floor, and so did I.
I didn't even scream, I just slipped and went, but I didn't, a hand around my wrist, my wide eyes, Remington grabbed me. He pulled me up as the floor squeaked and creaked. He grabbed me and held me in his arms, I practically whimpered when my feet touched the ground, we all stuck to the corners of the wall, and Remington didn't let go of me. Curcio kicked down the door and the alarm sounded,

Emerson, Sebastian and him started sprinting, Remington grabbed my hand, blood over us and we ran after them, we ran until our legs hurt, and then we ran some more. Until my lungs were on fire, my feet were sore with cuts from the pavement and until Emerson grabbed us both and hurled us around a corner. Where I collapsed on top of Remington, he held me to him, hugging me tightly. We both were a little shaky, but this time I wasn't scared or cold.

"You'll be fine." He told me.