socks

Warnings: none.
(This takes inspiration from the video Rem posted on his insta today of him 'looping' in Luis with an imaginary lasso. lmao) (ily all thank you for supporting me)
11/26/2018

I took my shoes off and sat in the dressing room on my phone, I was making sure all the times were right and that everyone was where they needed to be. Sebastian was mumbling something to Dan, Emerson sat beside me organizing art pieces and Luis was waking in, talking to Remington, who was behind him.

I kicked my shoes away, not planning on going anywhere soon, as Rem stood by the doorway. White ripped jeans, a nice jacket and a scarf he stole from his mom.
Emerson and I made decisions on which pieces needed to be framed, as music played through the speakers of the room.
I took the collection of art pieces from Em and put them on the far table. Rem pointed at me and I spun to face him, being attentive. He wound up an imaginary rope as I watched him in amusement.

He swung it around like a lasso a few times and threw it at me, I played along and pretended to get stuck. He mimicked the action of pulling me forward, so I reciprocated his game. I walked towards him with every 'tug'
Soon we were very close, dangerously close.
"Gotcha" he whispered and winked. I felt a blush cross my face but I just pressed him an amused smile. "Sure did." I said.

I'd been helping organize these boys for a long time now, when Stephanie couldn't, and I, without a doubt, was developing feelings for Remington, even just standing this close to him made want to pass out. He was nothing but kind, and caring- oh and not to mention he's hot as hell.

"Wanna go for a walk with me?" He asked quirking a brow, walking by me to grab his phone. I looked at my different socks and so did he, he looked back up at my eyes. I nodded with a small shrug. Sure
He looked down at my socks once more, smiling at my answer and pulling off his shoes too, stepping on the heels and slipping out of them, he slid across the floor and over to me. "Shoes are for pussies anyways." He mumbled and I snorted a laugh.

"I don't really know my way around this place." I admitted to him, looking up into his dark eyes- an immediate mistake because I became very nervous to find him looking back at me. I looked down the hall, he linked my arm casually. "I do, let's go get coffee, I nEED CAFFEINE." He yelled and we left the room. I laughed at his burst of energy, linking his arm back. Our feet padded the floor as he kept me close to him, the warmth coming off his body was comforting, I took a deep breath and told my anxiety and crush to get fucked.
"I think you should you should come on stage soon, just to say hi." He shrugged.
I looked over at him, his wild hair was always fun to look at.

"Yeah right- i'd probably shit my pants." I said and he laughed. "Nonono they love you, and I'd be right there with you, I could even hold your hand." He said and he took my hand in his letting the link of our arms drop, "like this." He said and my face flashed pink. He held my hand carefully, his fingers lacing mine. "That already makes me feel better." I smiled at him and he flashed his teeth, flustered with my answer.
"Oh wait ew, the coffee here was gross- I gave the rest of mine to Luis this morning, it tasted like... dirt water." He decided and I let out a full laugh, I could see him smiling at me. "Lets go across the street." He said looking out the window. "Okay, I'll go get our shoes." I said after looking at the wet ground outside.
I turned away from him but his hold on my hand tightened and I was tugged back.

He had a crazy smirk on his perfect face. "Mmmmm- How about I just carry you?" He scrunched up his face. I arched a brow at him. "Rem you took your shoes off too, your socks will be soaked." I stated the obvious. He shrugged and pulled me closer than I already was, he didn't care. I gasped at the quick movement, and he swooped a hand under my knees and one under my back, he lifted me up with ease.

"Oh my fuck." I breathed out and grabbed onto him with my life. "Are you sure about this?" I asked. "Positive." He flashed a wild grin and kicked the front door open.
The sign turned to walk and Rem walked quickly across the wet pavement, people in cars staring at us, as his grey socks became black with water. I could hear fans in line cheering.

I laughed as he smiled and nodded at people watching us. I felt embarrassed- nervous- but I liked it?
He had crossed the street and his feet must've been dripping. He turned to open the cafe door with his back and once we were inside he carefully put me down.
"My god." I breathed and looked at his socks. Squishy and gross.
"I don't even- thank you." I stumbled looking back up at him.
"That was fun." He smiled, I just shook my head. I stepped in-front of him and ordered two medium French vanilla coffees. He laced his fingers with mine once again, thanking me sincerely for the coffee.

I looked down at my feet, definitely smaller than his, and dryer. My socks didn't even match, one was black and one was red.
I glanced at him and he was looking too. "I have more socks in my bag." I told him. "Do you purposely mismatch them?" He asked as we waited for our drinks. "No- it just really be like that sometimes." I shrugged and he laughed. "You can have the other two that belong to these when we get back." I told him and walked over to the counter grabbing our drinks.

"Now, this is the best part- you gotta figure out how to hold onto those drinks and hold onto me, cause we gotta go back." He looked at me, and pressed his lips. "I don't mind waking." I told him. "No-that's the fun part, and you're light as a feather." He said. I rolled my eyes.
My face lit up, he knew what I was thinking. He crouched-down, piggy back time.
I was hesitant to get on, "oh my god- just send it." He demanded with a laugh. And so I did, I got on his back and he lifted me up with ease, holding my thighs up, as I put my arms over his shoulders picking up the coffees from the table.

"Here we fuckin go." Rem cheered as everyone in the cafe was already staring at us. I kicked the wheel chair button and we walked outside. People lined up outside the venue began to cheer as they saw Rem. "REMINGTON!" Fans cheered. "AND Y/N!! YAAAAAY!" I heard their voices as we crossed the street. "Hi!" We yelled at them in unison.
"What's going on??" A group of them laughed at us. "Apparently, "shoes are for pussies."" I quoted Rem, they filmed us and laughed, looking at our feet. Collective "awes" were heard when they figured out why Rem was carrying me. "We will see you later, love you!" Rem called to them, thanking them as one of them held the door for us.

Once we got inside instead of putting me down, he carried me all the way back to the dressing room. Everyone inside already looking our way.
We got a full up and down from Dan, Em, Seb, and Luis. Finally he let me down, letting my socks hit the ground. I gave him his coffee. They looked at our feet and collective confusion passed their faces.

I grabbed the red and black socks from my bag and threw them at Remington- who caught them single handedly.
"Don't even ask." Rem announced and the group stared a little longer before finally giving up and turning back around.
"Thank you very much." I said again, walking up to him.
"Told you they loved you, you're coming on stage." Rem decided for me. I sighed a little. "I'll be right there with you." He said softly and he leaned in carefully placing a gentle kiss on my lips. I heard Luis gasp.

I kissed back- reciprocating the soft kiss, pulling away only for him to smile at me and raise the socks in thanks before walking out.

I stood frozen for a moment, turning around to find all four other boys gaping at me. "YESSS!" "FINALLY" "WOOOOOO" "OHMYGOD" they yelled,

and I blushed,
looking down at my mismatched socks.