subway

warnings: none.

I just finished a long day of work. My manager asked me to stay late and clean up, I agreed because I wanted to get the extra money. I ran a hand over my tired face and through my hair.

I was now alone in the closed store, I took my time closing, shuffling my feet in the store, causing echoes.
"Why did I decide to walk here today?" I asked myself.
"I am not walking home, guess I'm taking the subway." I continued muttering. It was about a thirty minute walk to work in the morning, and I decided I needed to walk. Now I was so tired after today, and there was no way in hell my mom would pick me up. I let out a deep breath, even my lungs were tired.

I cleaned up the shop and kept babbling to myself  as to why I didn't take my car. My eyes were heavy and I couldn't wait to go home and crash.

I closed the shop completely and as I locked the doors, I pulled out my headphones, I put them between my teeth as I put the keys away. I walked out of building and towards the subway station. My breath was visible in the cold air as I dug my hands into my pockets.

I knew the subway ride would take almost an hour to get  home, because of all the stops, but I was so tired I didn't care. It was midnight but it felt like I'd been awake for days. I put in my headphones and put on my Palaye playlist. I was waiting for my train in the practically empty station singing Clockwork quietly. "Good song." A low voice hummed from beside me. I looked over to a hooded man. "Yeah, it is." I said. "You have a nice voice." He said and I thought I recognized his. "Not really- but thank you." I pressed a half smile.

The train screeched to a halt in front of me and I got on, I sat near a window on the crowded bus, and leaned my head on the wall and closed my eyes.

"Can I sit here?" I heard the familiar voice ask me. I didn't even turn around, I just nodded.
It was the man with the glasses and hood on, which I thought was a little weird considering it was nearly 1 in the morning. I know I recognized him, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I let it slide.

He smiled at me and I returned it. Maybe I went to school with him or something, whatever. I thought.

I soon dosed off listening to my music. Palaye Royale never failed to make me feel better after a shit day. My eyelids became too heavy to keep me awake.

I was later woken up by the boy sitting beside me, shaking me ever so gently, "Hey love, wake up." I was leaning on him. "My stop is coming up and I thought I'd let you know, so you didn't fall." he said sweetly. "ohgod I'm so sorry, I fell asleep on you, you should've moved me." I face palmed. My heart fluttered at the kind gesture.

"Hey no worries, you looked comfy, you have a pretty sick playlist too." and he pulled off his glasses.
My heart stopped.

I had just fallen asleep on Remington Leith, listening to his music.

My mouth fell. He laughed a little. "Holy shit." I practically whispered. My face flashed a bright red, he had complimented me singing his song.

"Pretty girls like you shouldn't be out this late alone." He warned me "I'll see you around..." he waited for my name. "Y/N." I said and stuck out my hand, he placed a gentle kiss on it instead of shaking it. "Y/N." He smiled when he said it and winked at me before walking away.

I don't know how long I sat in shock for but, that wasn't the last I saw of him.

falling asleep on a stranger