medicine

Warnings: none, aw ** This one is called medicine because the audio inspired me to write it. If you can PLEASE listen to the song at the cue in the writing. It's such a beautiful song and it makes this story. **
___________________________________

My dress was soft, my heart was softer. I wish I could tell you how I feel in words but I just can't. I'm so so so in love. He owns my heart, it will never belong to anyone else, even when he isn't here. His to have and to hold, to break or throw away- because he is worth the pain.

When people say that no one has ever loved one as much as they do, that's how I feel, this man, this feeling, is something that's unique to every relationship. No one has ever loved him like I do right now. Because they are not me.
Remington. My love, my heart. I owe you my all. You are my medicine. The constant fix.

The band that sits on my finger makes me feel safe- as weird as that is. His name on my finger, the diamonds on my finger, this was his tag on me. A simple circle that looped me, like being caught in a rope. I sit in the middle.
He caught me, in this endless loop, not a line, with visible ends or stopping points. A circle, that comes back around over and over. Even when it seems like it's falling down. It comes back up.
This relentless circle of love, and god did I love the feeling.

My family and friends had congratulated me on the wedding and we were in the dinning hall, the dance floor had been cleared. Fairly lights were strung. My mother took my hand and kissed it. My father soon after- he gave me a look before kissing my head- "he deserves you." He whispered and he turned me around giving me to the man in the floor.

My beautiful beautiful Remington
*CUE MUSIC* he looked me up and down for the millionth time today, and the pure amazement on his face never failed to make my heart leap. Like dropping a basketball. It bounced away from me and rolled to his feet- and he picked it up and dusted it off, holding my heart in his hands like it was glass.

He held my heart and my attention like a moth to a flame. His black tux made him look absolutely perfect, his grown out blonde hair made his features soft. His perfect skin and chocolate eyes reflected the gold fairy lights around us "hey" he whispered. "Hey." I replied just as softly. He offered me his hand and I placed mine in it.

I could hear the whispering of my family and friends under the quiet start of the music. The piano has hummed through me and just as the words started Remington and I began to sway slowly, I couldn't even look at him, I was too nervous. I knew he was watching me though. We danced with rhythm now and he held me closer, I finally brought my eyes up to his and my breath got stuck in my chest.
He smiled at me.
"You okay?" He asked me.
"More than okay." I said and I began to mouth the words, the blush on my face wasn't as important anymore. I suddenly didn't care what he thought, I knew he loved me and I loved him the same. He smiled with his teeth when I began to sing softly.

"It's just medicine" his features softened when I sang, pure awe, it made my heart leap. "It's just medicine."
We both sang louder now "you've got a warm heart, you've got a beautiful brain, but it's disintegrated from all the medicine. From all the medicine."

I could hear small laughs, some sniffles, but they started to get drowned out by Remington. I could hear his voice singing.
I laid my head against his chest. And he was the only one in the room now. I could hear his heartbeat, it was slow.
We sang louder.
"When I met youuuuuu
You oooooooo
You ooooooo"
He put his lips on my forehead and I heard one of my friends squeak in excitement.
I could hear laughing at our singing, our goofiness.

But I only saw him,
"You are the most beautiful woman I've ever laid my eyes on, and I'm not just saying that to make you happy, I mean that with my all." He said, I saw his brows furrow, deep in thought, I caught him with my forehead on his. "You've saved my life. Changed my perspective, opened my eyes, and my heart is yours you beautiful beautiful rockstar you."
I could see the water in his eyes distort the reflection of the fairy lights, every faint freckle every eyelash, he was perfect, he crashed his lips onto mine. "I love you more and more every second." He whispered onto my lips, and we both sang the words softly. He kissed me once more and long knees buckled, he picked me up and spun me around so no one could see my weak legs.

And the clapping, it's didn't even matter, the song had ended but he wouldn't let me go.
I didn't want him to.
I hugged him. My best friend.
My medicine.