CH 19 - THE witch, a curse and a kiss

I'm glad she made me sit before telling me, I did not see that twist coming. I mean yes, the forest liked me, but I'm the forest witch? Really? I feel the happy hum of the magic around me, its really happy that I finally know. The little lights sitting on my shoulder watching me.

P'Kit and P'Beam are standing either side, trying to calm me. P'Pha is hovering nearby, I nearly passed out before. P'Forth's giving me a serious look. What does this mean?

"I didn't know guys could be witches." P'Forth finally says.

"It's rare, not impossible." The witch answers. "The king's court had female wizards before."

"True." P'Forth says thinking. "I did hear about that."

"It's just the type of magic." She replies.

"A witch in the family." P'Beam nods. "Who knew."

"Are you sure? "P'Kit asks.

"Believe me, Kit." She tells him. "It's true."

"But father said no one in the family had magic." P'Beam thinks back.

"Yo is different." She says.

"Let's just worry about Ming." I say.

I want them to stop asking questions, I'm not ready for these revelations. But the forest is really happy, wrapping me in a warm and gentle feeling.

"You know us?" P'Beam asks. "But I don't remember meeting you."

"It was a while back."

She carries on chanting spells on the twirling apple in the air. It takes a while before the spells change colour and the apple stops moving.

"I can make an antidote for this easily." She says smiling. "The witch who made that potion is low level."

"Ming will wake up?" P'Kit asks in a shaky voice.

"It's a little tricky." She looks at him. "The poison apple is witch magic, if he wakes up it will kill him. So, the stupidity of mixing the potions actually worked out for us."

"What do we do?" I ask.

"I can make an antidote for the poison."

"How do we wake him?"

She magics a fire, a cauldron appears above, fills with water and a spoon begins to stir. She starts throwing things into the pot, randomly chanting spells.

"To wake him, the old-fashioned way is best." She carries on. "It's been so long I forget, something about a kiss, but the dwarves can tell you who."

"Someone has to kiss him?" P'Kit isn't happy.

"Yes, but they mixed the magic, if it's the wrong person, it will kill them instead." She says moving around and picking mushrooms, before throwing them in. "I'm making a potion for Ming when he wakes he has to drink it to stop the poison."

"Someone could die?" P'Forth asks worriedly. "Isn't that dangerous?"

"Make sure you pick the right person." She laughs.

I watch her work, she seems nice? The magic hum is a little unsure at the moment? I look up when the light on my shoulder starts bouncing, the witch picked up a frog and... oh dear god she's going to toss him into the pot??? I run over and grab the creature before it goes in. The shaking little thing sits on my palm looking at me, I think it's sad?

"You never make eye contact." The witch sighs.

But I move away before she can take him from me. "Do you have to?"